Nutrition health and Weight loss

Finally found some Keto bread, locally.

20191028_KetoBread.jpg

Wasn't sure what to expect. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Has to be kept refrigerated, supposedly becomes crumbly otherwise.
Looks like wheat bread.
Smells somewhat....... earthy. :cautious:
Texture/feel like hard cardboard, construction sheathing, kickstand puck.

Microwave it a little, just to get it warm.
*wow*, that's more like it! :rock:

Much better, soft/tender, almost like freshly baked wheat bread.

Now my peanut butter has a place to go... :)

View attachment 152846

Looks like wheat bread.

Where did you buy that??? Looking locally and it appears to cost an arm and a leg..or about 4 times what a regular loaf of wheat bread goes for..

Last edited:
Brother bought me some Almond flour..supposedly easy recipe for keto bread...looks to be alot less expensive than buying it already made...Around here the going rate is $12 to $14 dollars for a loaf. thats a bit too rich for my blood...

View attachment 152846

Looks like wheat bread.

way to go 2M :laugh2:...... I used to sprinkle a few drops of water onto stale bread and microwave it in a polythene bag and it always came up fresh after just a few seconds ....peanut butter .......gorgeous . What flour is used in the bread ? is it almond ?

Brother bought me some Almond flour..supposedly easy recipe for keto bread...looks to be alot less expensive than buying it already made...Around here the going rate is $12 to $14 dollars for a loaf. thats a bit too rich for my blood...

I really miss my bread too. When i was young, bread formed a huge part of my daily diet.

recently I have been reading up on the effect of Lectins on our health and metabolism and the part Lectins play in chronic ill health. It really never occurred to me previously that nearly all plants would have a built in natural defense and that they could have such a huge effect on our health.

Take Kidney Beans for instance...who doesn't love a good chilli con carne once in a while however it is essential to soak raw beans for 8-12 hours and then boil them in order to render the poisonous toxins (Lectins) inert .

Back in the late 70s I cooked a chilli using raw beans without being aware of this and an hour after eating I became nauseous then violently sick with simultaneous diarrhea. Fortunately my neighbours called an emergency out of hours Doctor who found me crawling around the floor completely incoherent . I was so violently sick that i found I climbed on top of the toilet bowl in an attempt to get away from the intense stomach spasm. !

Lectins are in all plant based foods to some extent . Bread contains Glutin which is a Lectin and most of us are now aware of how devastating that can be to the gut health of most of us. Plants don't want to be eaten any more than we do and its hardly surprising that they have evolved to discourage being eaten over millions of years just as many animals have.

I'm sure that It will not surprise anybody to know that the foods that are most likely to cause anaphylactic shock and death are those that are highest in Lectins like Beans, Peanuts, Soy , Eggs and wheat

Last edited:
Good info, peanut. Something to think about when chewing on raw vegetables.

I've already chowed thru that Keto bread and threw away the wrapper. Don't remember what the flour was, but it wasn't almond.

I've been rather sedentary lately, kinda recovering from the summer heat and all my storage building and junk moving activities. Still doing the Keto, eating plenty, not starving. My weight seems to have stabilized at 179lbs. Lymphedema is still quite reduced, blood glucose staying between 80 and 95. But, really tired.

However, the ol' XS1B has really perked up.
It accelerates better, rides nicer, suspension works better.

Must be the 40lb weight loss...

Good info, peanut. Something to think about when chewing on raw vegetables.

I've already chowed thru that Keto bread and threw away the wrapper. Don't remember what the flour was, but it wasn't almond.

I've been rather sedentary lately, kinda recovering from the summer heat and all my storage building and junk moving activities. Still doing the Keto, eating plenty, not starving. My weight seems to have stabilized at 179lbs. Lymphedema is still quite reduced, blood glucose staying between 80 and 95. But, really tired.

However, the ol' XS1B has really perked up.
It accelerates better, rides nicer, suspension works better.

Must be the 40lb weight loss...

I do miss bread............. mostly because no matter what you think of eating for lunch it is so much better with some bread.. Fried egg poached egg boiled egg, bacon, sardines mackrel cheese .....everything on bread,... whether toasted, fried or buttered is so tasty. I must take another look at possible solutions that are not too expensive.
Good to hear that you are still managing to stay with your low carb high fat and protein diet. I wonder if I will ever be able to achieve what you have
The health benefits are so life changing ......I have seen glimpses of it previously when rapidly losing 20+ lbs in 2x weeks from food poisoning .or my recent 20lb weight loss on a Keto diet but I just cannot seem to stay on a low carb diet for more than a few weeks before gradually reintroducing carbs.

Its kinda like when I gave up smoking in the 90s it took me many years . It was so tough I'd frequently reduce to just single figures a day but never seemed to quit altogether. It took an extraordinary effort to finally achieve it but within weeks I saw terrific heath improvements and then there was no way I'd go back to smoking .

I have to see my Endocrinologist just before Christmas and I know he'll be very disappointed with my lack of progress and commitment. I've got 4 weeks to try and lose 14 lbs and lower my blood glucose levels . Maybe it will be my Christmas present to myself ! :)

Thanx, peanut.

... I wonder if I will ever be able to achieve what you have ...

Not a problem. C'mon over.
I've still got a 150 yd firing range that needs cleaning up.
And opening up to 200 yds.

... I gave up smoking in the 90s ...

Same here, for about 3 1/2 years. I was a basket case during that.
Picked up smoking afterwards like I never quit.

...I have to see my Endocrinologist ...

Good luck!

Well I have to admit that i think i had become too skinny at 137-140#..so I backed off the keto for a spell..added some carbs in the form of pasta and breads..and the results are a gain of 6 lbs.
Just came back from the Dr and she was astounded at my weight loss and my overall physical condition..BP is 120/72 which is just excellent..and exceeds the numbers for my age group..weighed in @ 146#..So i am exactly where i want to be...We didnt do any blood work for Blood sugar or other things they need to test for...which they require every year when i renew my BP meds... Going back in 10 days for the lab work and the A1C testing..need to fast from 12 midnight on the night before...I also need a cat scan to check on my 3 aneurysms that are controlled by stents..make sure we are not "leaking" LOL...but I'm pretty certain we're ok...My last cat scan was right after the last MC wreck i had back in Oct 2018..and there was no injuries or hemmoraging at that time...
oh and i need cataract "surgery" for my left eye..already had the right eye done 2 yrs ago..left eye is getting blurred and glared out......time to get the replacement lens...

Last edited:
Thats remarkable M ........you have literally turned your life around ...well done .
Not only has your general health obviously improved but you should have significantly improved your heart health too.
Your blood pressure is astonishing like someone half your age. You are an inspiration

No wonder your Doctor is astounded :yikes:

Well I have to admit that i think i had become too skinny at 137-140#..so I backed off the keto for a spell..added some carbs in the form of pasta and breads..and the results are a gain of 6 lbs.
Be careful. You might be putting on inflammation weight. I came back from a weekend getaway up six pounds. It goes away immediately when I get back to healthy eating. I'm not sure the cause of my gain. It could be grain or vegetable oils. I can do without the inflammation, especially in my cardiovascular system. Just eat more healthy food.

Back