O-ring woes.....is it enough?

gggGary, what was the reasoning behind going to the orange silicone? Baraboo would be a nice day-trip for me, you may yet convince me to assist in the testing. ;)

Mine were flattened pretty bad (originals from '80), found the closest 'industrial' size on ebay for $1/ea. #229, I think. 2 3/8" ID x 1/8" thick. They do a little of that 'hold the cover off the head' thing. As soon as I can get the engine pressure washed I'll be able to tell what oil leaks are the old ones and which are the new ones.

Please see my revised post above. I will send out sets of 4 to your USA door for a limited time for $6.00 a set, if you will install and report back on how they worked/fit for you. Will send out to others for an additional fee based on postage and handling costs of foreign shipments.
I may ask the manufacturer if he would do them in black but the orange works out kind of nice as it helps ID them as these replacements not reused originals or other non silicone replacements. I have about 15 more sets on hand and if this seems like a good plan will probably order a few hundred sets.

Yes Gary the mashing was uniform all the way around the cover. Achieving the 7.5ft/lb was easy with no stress of over doing it on the studs but it needs to be uniform around the cover .:thumbsup:

No worries jon you don't owe me anything you were the first to report back. Thank you!

Back