Oh Canada

Robin, you pretty well summed up my feelings about all of this. Here in Arizona we don’t allow recreational usage, but a few years back we made medicinal marijuana legal. All of the political commercials back then that were promoting medicinal pot, would feature these poor unfortunate people with chronic illnesses , telling how much pain they are in.
Then I remember the first day that it became legal, watching the news and they showed some 18 year old kid come out of one of the dispensaries and hold up his baggie and wave , and with a big grin he hopped on his skateboard and took off. I just thought huh? That wasn’t quite what I expected.
Since then “ dispensaries” have popped up everywhere and most of them have a “ Doctor” on staff who can write you a prescription on the spot. “ Just tell me where it hurts.”
Every election cycle there is a new push to legalize recreational pot. It’s just a matter of time....

Don't get me wrong, guys, I realize that cannabis and other psychoactive and opioid drugs are a long way from being benign. But criminalizing drugs only compounds the damage. If the billions of dollars that are spent on law enforcement and incarceration went into education and treatment, we'd see better results with fewer and less severe human casualties.

I work in Mental health and see first hand the issues caused by drugs, even though the majority of people that smoke canabis get away with it there is a minority that end up with Psychosis and long term mental health issues. The strenght of the canabis now is Evil and this is the culprit to the increase in drug induced Psychosis Technically the canabis induces a burst of dopamine into the brain at high levels plus other chemicals which in some has an Evil effect and requires psycheatric intervensions ..... So i do not feel that legalising Weed is a good thing .... Granted the amount a person smokes is part of it to,, but its like any drug it can run away with you and take control of you and spit you out into a world off hurt
All the best funky
Two weeks ago, on CNBC, in a segment on the booming pot industry, Henry Blodget, a former top ranked Wall Street analyst and co-founder, CEO and editor in chief of Money Insider, an online publication which is viewed by 80,000,000 people a week was asked what his personal view was on pot. He grinned and said, "There's five bars on every block, but as soon as marijuana is mentioned, everyone says, 'Oh, God, no!'" Yes, Funky, people have issues. I worked in a mental hospital for 10 years. Addictive personalities are the problem with some. And it can be drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, or even exercise. Unlike most, a low level of certain hormones in their bodies cause a constant mild depression which they attempt to alleviate by getting their blood up. It could be their rent money on the nose of a horse. A 45 year old maintenance worker at the hospital was an ultra marathoner. They run 60 to 100 miles in a race. He lived 12 miles from the hospital, and would run to work when the weather permitted. He would run home after work, and then, go out for a run. His wife left him because of his inattention to their family. He began getting stress fractures in his feet and ankles. He became depressed because he was unable to run. As soon as he was able to walk again, he started to run again. Shortly, thereafter he came home from a run and died of a heart attack in the shower. He had demineralized his body, no differently than a heroin addict or alcoholic There is a bench with a plack with his name on it on the bike path near my house dedicated by his runner's club...

Canadian legislation also allows each household to grow 4 plants.........

Robin, you pretty well summed up my feelings about all of this. Here in Arizona we don’t allow recreational usage, but a few years back we made medicinal marijuana legal. All of the political commercials back then that were promoting medicinal pot, would feature these poor unfortunate people with chronic illnesses , telling how much pain they are in.
Then I remember the first day that it became legal, watching the news and they showed some 18 year old kid come out of one of the dispensaries and hold up his baggie and wave , and with a big grin he hopped on his skateboard and took off. I just thought huh? That wasn’t quite what I expected.
Since then “ dispensaries” have popped up everywhere and most of them have a “ Doctor” on staff who can write you a prescription on the spot. “ Just tell me where it hurts.”
Every election cycle there is a new push to legalize recreational pot. It’s just a matter of time....
Most people are not aware of the fact that medical is different from recreational marijuana. Three years ago, I was in Washington State and picked up a brochure explaining the difference. It was produced by the state industry in order to educate the consumer. Marijuana is cultivated for certain properties. Medicinal is cultivated for its pain reducing properties, while recreational marijuana is grown for its euphoric properties and, also grown in different strengths. They are tailored to specific purposes and are available in different strengths according to what your doctor wants you to have, or your personal preference. This is quite different than what you could hope to get, illegally.

Back