Ohio build and ohio exhaust question

apt3customs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got the hughs PMA, pamco ignition ordered, a carb rebuild kit on its way. Extra swingarm purchased and in hand to cut up. The bike is stripped down currently to just the frame and the engine. Next nice day, dropping the engine and cleaning EVERYTHING and replacing all the engine seals. Putting it back together as is with the stock frame, hughs and pamco to ride thru the summer and then do my frame mods this winter. Paint scheme so far will be cream metal flake frame and brown tones, would like to do brass hardware and I have a neat-o copper thing i found in my barn im going to use as an electrics box. Mocking it up in software first as I am a 3D graphics designer by trade. Possibilities are endless at this point.

The bike was a stock 83 xs650 Heritage Special.

I'm working on planning my exhaust setup currently, I was looking at Gordon Scott pipes with a wrap as two different ones he has caught my eye. Curved drag, and the hi-pipes. I was hoping to run uni filters and an open exhaust.

My question is if anyone had any noise issues regarding the 5-0 and getting pulled over in Ohio due to excessive noise running straight pipes? During the summer I'll be riding the bike pretty frequently with friends and dont feel like getting pulled over every other ride.

:bike:

I've been on mine about 700 miles the past week in Ohio, no complaints. Riding through Jackson, Glenoak, Canton.

I just play with the throttle to sound a little more quiet rolling by, low rpms.

By the way, next nice day, I've got to bring that puller and rotor back over. I meant to sooner but had some family things to button up. Sorry man.

Later this summer I'm going for Gordon Scotts drag pipes. Maybe a week just painted, then I'll possibly baffle them, then wrap them up. If you get yours set up before make sure to post some pictures!

Its all good, I'd figured I'd call you if I need it sooner! Those Gordon Scott pipes are niiice! Got my last ignition parts ordered so I'll at least be riding soon, gotta go for a spin one of these nice days and have double the rumble, lol.

Ride the bike over next time when you drop the puller off, wanna hear how loud these 650's can get up cose!!

Back