oil feed, finned

go for it. but i think those tubes are very thin, and i wouldnt try to tig on them.

Last edited:
i dont thinkso. they are already in the wind, and because they are thin, prolly already have enuf surface area for cooling.

wow. any in usa? how much is that? does it clamp around the stock pipe? the one in the picture looks like a stocker.

There will be one in the US in a couple of weeks when they deliver mine.
It appears to clamp around the stock pipe. The pipe is not included.
In USD it came out to $91.46 delivered when I paid with PayPal.

They have rebuilt cranks to, kinda costly to have them ship here but if I was in Europe I think that would be a very good option.
Leo

would you think its worth that $100 payed? couple of shaped heatsinks around a pipe?
Actually, when I bought it, I thought the pipe was included, and that it would be uni-construction, which would conduct heat better, I would think.
Still, I think it will be interesting to conduct a before and after test to see if it actually does anything, using my ThermoDipStick and infrared thermometers to measure temperatures.

They have rebuilt cranks to, kinda costly to have them ship here but if I was in Europe I think that would be a very good option.
Leo
They have a lot of new and tempting goodies. Like a new design for the sump screen, and a new complete remote spin-on filter kit.

Leo
If you drop one of those cranks in your shopping basket, and look at shipping options, the shipping is only 17,50 euros, about $23. That seems to be their standard shipping cost -- it's what I paid to have the oil feed tube cooler shipped.

Actually, when I bought it, I thought the pipe was included, and that it would be uni-construction, which would conduct heat better, I would think.
Still, I think it will be interesting to conduct a before and after test to see if it actually does anything, using my ThermoDipStick and infrared thermometers to measure temperatures.

They have a lot of new and tempting goodies. Like a new design for the sump screen, and a new complete remote spin-on filter kit.

PLease come back and share your test results with us.

I think a finned right case cover might be helpful. If you're trying to lose every degree of temp. The metal is thick enough that you could fin it neatly with a milling machine or maybe a router on a guide. I would make the fins horizontal.

PLease come back and share your test results with us.
I will. If you haven't seen it, I did a before and after temperature test of the MikesXS oil filter/cooler kit that can be seen here:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14997&page=2
Go to post #24.

xjwmx, I think finning the right side cover is a good idea, plus it would save some weight. One of these days I'm going to ship a cover to my friend who has a CMC machine.

Back