Okay I'm stumped. Driving me crazy!

Yeah they are just pressed in. I didn't know they came out either so I left them in when I cleaned my carbs in an ultrasonic cleaner. That thing works great.

I soaked mine with the tubes still intact. Wasn't sure if they came out or not. Thought they might be a pressed fit. Didn't want to break anything. I guess my o-rings are toast as well.

Its best not to use needle nose priors to grap the needle jet from the bottom. You could cause damage. Instead, with the needle and diaphram removed, just lightly tap with a punch, on the top of the needle jet. It will come right out. Its just the friction of the O-ring holding it.

Since you're in PEI, you won't be able to order from McMaster Carr (they don't ship to Canada). If you find your O-rings are bad, send me a PM here on the site, and I will mail you a pair of O-rings, as I have a few spares.

Thanks for the tip retired. I didn't think of that and just did what I thought was right carefully. Live and learn but good info for next time. Lol
Oh and I'm guessing that McMaster carr is a midwest or catalog place because I have never seen one around here.

Leo from the research I have done that is my conclusion. They are not linked. They are bs38's. Choke on the left carb only. The bike last ran in 1984 but was modified in those ten years or so. What else could I check?

www.xs650.fi/pohja_files/fi/XS650carbs.htm
This was originally in Dutch, translated to German then to English. Some words are still Dutch or German, I don't now for sure but it makes it interesting to read. Even with the foreign words It is a very good description of the BS38 carbs.
Leo

Its best not to use needle nose priors to grap the needle jet from the bottom. You could cause damage. Instead, with the needle and diaphram removed, just lightly tap with a punch, on the top of the needle jet. It will come right out. Its just the friction of the O-ring holding it.

Since you're in PEI, you won't be able to order from McMaster Carr (they don't ship to Canada). If you find your O-rings are bad, send me a PM here on the site, and I will mail you a pair of O-rings, as I have a few spares.

That would be great RG, I really appreciate that. I'll PM you later on today.

Ok well after a city wide search I found the right o-rings! Lol
Had to get one hundred of them so if anyone else needs any just let me know!

Ok well after a city wide search I found the right o-rings! Lol
Had to get one hundred of them so if anyone else needs any just let me know!

Well if you insist... I would be interested, I need to dig into my carbs soon.

In exchange I can send replacement allen head butterfly screws for when you're going to replace those shaft seals :)

Finally figured out half of my problem. I have been running it without air filters! I hadn't even thought that would cause such an issue. I have a bracket in front of the carbs preventing me from putting filters on but I'm fixing that tomorrow. Gotta tear half the bike apart but I want to get this all straightened and done right.
I swear every time I do something I either overthink it completely or go full retard! Lol

Back