older spoked wheel running no disc brake?????

These are not my pics and Gary the bike I bought did not come with the front brake parts nor the correct front end. I have the correct front end now and just the wheel no brake. I'm going to lace my hub to a 21" rim. I just need help getting the spacing right. I also have the speedo spacer for the other side just dont know what to do on the brake rotor side? Maybe Hugh can machine me something? Surely other guys have done this???????

Running no front brake might look cool but from the few incidents I've been invloved in, regrowing most of your skin is diffinitly not cool.
Run A brake, the life you save may be yours.
Leo

These are not my pics and Gary the bike I bought did not come with the front brake parts nor the correct front end. I have the correct front end now and just the wheel no brake. I'm going to lace my hub to a 21" rim. I just need help getting the spacing right. I also have the speedo spacer for the other side just dont know what to do on the brake rotor side? Maybe Hugh can machine me something? Surely other guys have done this???????

To get the spacing right, just center the wheel between the forks and measure.

Your front brake provides most of your braking power. Running without it isn't going to kill you tomorrow, but it'll catch up with you eventually.

That being said. it's your life to live however you see fit. Just understand the consequences.

I appreciate the worries. I ride a sport bike that tops out at 173mph so I know about the front brake. This bike is just a bar hopper. Anyways does anyone have a picture of the same wheel without the brake setup and spacers. It seems the bearings would be exposed if I just spaced it. If I did run a front brake, I have 35mm(1981?) front end would I be able to run a brake with that wheel(1972?)

On the wheel you have, the brake disc was held in place with rubber pieces between the hub and the disc. This wheel I think only works with the 72 frontend. If you have an 81 front end, get any wheel from 74 up and it will bolt right into the 81 forks.
Most of the parts sellers, have a parts look up section. they have copies of the parts fiches that Yamaha uses. I use the one at yamaha-motors.com
Leo

Back