Online Manual for a 1980 XS650

Highwaystar

Kid with a bike
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good manual that i could download as a pdf? would like to buy one but its much cheaper to download one :laugh: any help appreciated

Does anyone know of a good manual that i could download as a pdf? would like to buy one but its much cheaper to download one :laugh: any help appreciated
Cheaper? Perhaps, but nowhere near as convenient as a paper manual that can be taken into the garage as you work on the bike.
"But I can print the page I'll need." Sure you can. And then you'll need another page. And find something else that needs work and need yet another page.
With each extra page needing you to get cleaned up to go into the house to get it printed which gives your significant other the opportunity to divert your efforts into domesticity.
Go buy the book Mr. Cheapskate, the bike will be fixed sooner if you do.

Cheaper? Perhaps, but nowhere near as convenient as a paper manual that can be taken into the garage as you work on the bike.
"But I can print the page I'll need." Sure you can. And then you'll need another page. And find something else that needs work and need yet another page.
With each extra page needing you to get cleaned up to go into the house to get it printed which gives your significant other the opportunity to divert your efforts into domesticity.
Go buy the book Mr. Cheapskate, the bike will be fixed sooner if you do.
I don't need it for any major repairs at the moment i mainly use it for wiring diagram and such but i do appreciate your effort to help

Nothing wrong with being a cheapskate, why spend money when everything is on here for free.............

Wiring diagrams........Tech menu.........Electrical...........wiring diagrams.............Scroll down post#7 or#8............ all the XS650 wiring diagrams XS1 to -83SK...............colored as well

All the service, owners and parts manuals for all the XS650 Models are here at thexscafe.
PDF form, Convert to JPEG then print off what you need. Some of the earlier manuals and parts manuals have great diagrams but the later manuals are not so good, the same if not better than the knucklebuster one.

Nothing wrong with being a cheapskate, why spend money when everything is on here for free.............

Wiring diagrams........Tech menu.........Electrical...........wiring diagrams.............Scroll down post#7 or#8............ all the XS650 wiring diagrams XS1 to -83SK...............colored as well

All the service, owners and parts manuals for all the XS650 Models are here at thexscafe.
PDF form, Convert to JPEG then print off what you need. Some of the earlier manuals and parts manuals have great diagrams but the later manuals are not so good, the same if not better than the knucklebuster one.
Thanks ill look at both and see which i prefer appreciate the tip ( Part of the reason i have to be cheap right now is because i sunk all my money into buying my bike :laugh:)

Back