Options for electronics tank (fake oil tank)

Thanks John3t. That, the seat and the light were probably the most difficult choices to come up with. Things are definitely going to be tight in there.

Heres my Firefighter Hazmat Tech side Please use caution when expelling any residue in those old brass extinguishers as they are carbon-tetrachloride fire extinguishers and when exposed to heat and other things they can form phosgene. :eek:

Took me awhile to decide on a electronics tank. I wanted something that not everyone is using but still have that cool factor. For those who don't know what it is, it's a Fram oil canister for a 49 flathead. Not really diggin the orange. The flash makes it more obnoxious. I really don't want to strip the paint but may have to. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1944.jpg
    IMG_1944.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
I'm using virgil's organic rootbeer keg, fits a tc bros hardtail with perfectly
b9b4b4b4b61e11e3ad470e6af5350ef3_8.jpg

I'll have to figure out how do some fabrication on it.

Might work.

I have this one mounted under my seat. I have the key switch, fuse box and Rectifier mounted in it.
full

full

2013-01-13_16-02-28_55_zpsa7a40353.jpg

For the battery I have a 7 amp mounted in a project box under my swing arm.

Just make sure any parts that need ventalation get it... like the rectifier and coils.

What you've done is exactly what I had in mind. Anyway you could put up a pic of your swing arm battery box?

so I decided to scrap my keg, one of my welder friends can't help me out as much so I needed to keep it simple. I got this box from a local electronic shop. It is from hammond manufacturing. I'm using a tc bros hard tail so it almost runs flush. I'll have to run some brackets to hold it in place.

10311045_1452282385015252_1803084383_n.jpg

hopefully it helps someone out there.

Or you could not hide it. Here's my ignition key and 3 fuse "box" from cycleterminal.com I stashed a 4 cell ballistic where the starter was.
DD2B4BB5-7B12-485D-A3C6-1814C4B60578.jpg

RFLIVES - I thought about doing just that, do you have a kills witch? also where are you hiding your coils?

I was thinking about having an easy axis to a switch and ignition key. How do you like where your key is?

D8314D4F-603E-4C0F-83DD-BDF8880AAC53.jpg

Coils are where the top mount used to be. I have a kill switch and headlight switch on the bars. from highwaydirtbikes.com. I like the spot for the ignition out of the way but easy to access. I don't get the need to hide everything I like having it all out there to see. Its why choppers are neat to me. Here's the bare minimum to run thats what its about.

WOW! I like the color scheme! It's my first time building my bike so learning as I go. I might switch it out next season. I like the simplicity of yours and I wanted to go that route, but I bought this box already and I might as well make use of it. May I ask where you got your ignition key from?

What you've done is exactly what I had in mind. Anyway you could put up a pic of your swing arm battery box?

Sorry, it's been a while since I read this thread.

The box uses the lower rear engine mount bolt. Not the prettiest thing, but it works.

2012-12-31_09-48-33_86_zps92b668e3.jpg

You can just barley see it under the swing arm.
2013-01-26_14-08-30_859_zps489ab94e.jpg

I did have to rebuild it once. This is a picture of the first version.
Image031.jpg
I relied on the a single bolt to hold the two halves together. Held for a couple of years until it finally gave way and my battery fell out on the street while riding. I was 40 miles away from home. Luckily the battery survived and I had a bunch of zip ties in my tool bag to hold it together for the trip home.

Back