Options for electronics tank (fake oil tank)

I orderd the 8'' hemispheres from king metals. I like the look of the pandemonium one but didn't want to pay the $175for one. Cost was $20 for each half, and about another $20 for shipping, so almost $60.

Their website was horrible to order off of. Tried for 3 days but kept getting error messages all over the place. Finally a few days ago I was able to make it to the final "submit order" page and paid. Received it today. 1 hemisphere looked great, the other one looked half-assed. Like it wasn't fully pressed all the way, you can see where the rounded sphere stops and the squared off metal is......as opposed to the good hemisphere that is perfectly round all the way. When you match the two up, its not a smooth fit, probably off by 2 or 3mm all the way around....

Its somewhat a issue...but you don't notice it really unless your handling it or up close. Since I'm painting it all black, I think I might be a able to get away with the imperfection...

I sent them a email, we'll see where we go with that....

This is all a heads up for those who order from them in the future.....

My brainchild, key is in the filler neck

tank_zpsc1cde87c.jpg
"]
tank_zpsc1cde87c.jpg
[/URL]

tank2_zps19c2870b.jpg

I orderd the 8'' hemispheres from king metals. I like the look of the pandemonium one but didn't want to pay the $175for one. Cost was $20 for each half, and about another $20 for shipping, so almost $60.

Their website was horrible to order off of. Tried for 3 days but kept getting error messages all over the place. Finally a few days ago I was able to make it to the final "submit order" page and paid. Received it today. 1 hemisphere looked great, the other one looked half-assed. Like it wasn't fully pressed all the way, you can see where the rounded sphere stops and the squared off metal is......as opposed to the good hemisphere that is perfectly round all the way. When you match the two up, its not a smooth fit, probably off by 2 or 3mm all the way around....

Its somewhat a issue...but you don't notice it really unless your handling it or up close. Since I'm painting it all black, I think I might be a able to get away with the imperfection...

I sent them a email, we'll see where we go with that....

This is all a heads up for those who order from them in the future.....

Bung king sells the halves also. Better price and great serve. I use them on the regular the are flawless every time.

Back