Original steering damper parts

jonaf

XS650 Member
Reaction score
My '75 XS650B has a steering damper attached to the bottom fork yoke. The O-ring on the rotor's shaft is leaking. Anybody knowing the part number for it
Styredemper.JPG
?

I don't think Yamaha ever listed the component parts for that thing, just sold it as a complete unit. I think you'll just need to figure the o-ring size out for yourself. I didn't think it came on any 650s. The parts diagrams don't show it. It did come on the '73-'74 TX750 twin though. Is your front end stock?

I don't think Yamaha ever listed the component parts for that thing, just sold it as a complete unit. I think you'll just need to figure the o-ring size out for yourself. I didn't think it came on any 650s. The parts diagrams don't show it. It did come on the '73-'74 TX750 twin though. Is your front end stock?

I am pretty sure my front end is stock. The bike has been imported from Australia. Maybe the specs were different there? Yes, I think I can find suitable O-rings elsewhere, so this is no major problem really. The unit's part number is 214-23490-00 btw.

You might try a tractor supply store. They sell O-rings for hydraulic cylinders, they come in many sizes, one might match.
Leo

I might try a place that has farm equipment parts or a place that deals in hydraulic parts. Hydralic cylinders come in many sizes.
Leo

Back