Other wheels for the XS?

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
For my SOHC4 Hondas, there are/were several period aftermarket wheel options available, including Lester's , Henry Abe, Morris and more. Some people relace the GL1000 wheels to their hubs so they can have lightweight, shouldered rims, much like what came on some XS's or the Akront wheels.

What's out there for the XS? I know I could order rims and have something laced up, but I don't recall ever seeing much about period aftermarket stuff.
I know some XS400 and RD wheels can be used. Any other models? What about wheels from other bikes?

Again, anything is possible with enough fabrication, correct spacers, axles, etc. I'm talking about a simple swap. Maybe some bearings or a small spacer.
Show me what you're running and what it took to make it work.

I don't think there was much after market for the wheels because you can't improve on perfection.
The first few years had chrome steel rims. In 73 i think it was they started with the alloy flanged rims. They used them because they were great. In the later years they started listening to what some customers wanted and put those heavy mags on.
Then they went to the to many spokes spoked wheels of the last years.
Leo

Back