Our own Tech7 in "The Horse"

gordonscott

XS650exhaust.com
Reaction score
So I'm sitting down where I do my best thinking and I open up the new issue of "The Horse" and what do I see? Our own Tech7's XS :D They sould have done a spread on it insted of putting it in "Backtalk" :shrug: It is definitely worthy of it's own two pages :cussing: Nice to see it in there :thumbsup:

That's great! the bike looks clean. I had an issue awhile back that had 2 or 3 featured xs650's. Not all my cup of tea, but all pretty much all custom

June, page #8, Bracketry Build. Just picked up the mag yesterday. Saw Tech 7's bike, thought I'd congratulate him on here but Gordonscott beat me too it.

I just got the June issue. Good going Tech7!!! Nice ride. It does need a good couple pages in the mag.

On another note. There is a Suzuki on page 62. I point this out because of the patch the guy is wearing. It is the group B.A.C.A (Bikers Against Child Abuse). My father-in-law is a member and a HUGE supporter of B.A.C.A. These guys and gals help protect abused children and will actually camp at a house if the child needs to be protected from an abusive person who may return to harm them. This is not a M/C though, but a protective/support group. And they are not a group where you pay a due, meet once a month at a bar and get a patch. These are weekly meetings, weekly court appearances, and a shit ton of time. I mean 30 hours+ a week. Just thought I would point out this great group.

littlebill31, that sounds like a very good group of people. Protecting the next generation is one of our most important responsibilities.
There is a good write up on budget TIG welders by Fab Kevin in that issue too.
I picked up the May/June issue of Motorcycle Classics. It has a how to article on replacing the chain and sprockets. The bike they used in the article is a 73 TX650. Agood write up but I would have loosened the front sprocket before removing the chain and rear wheel. If you leave the wheel and chain on you can use them to hold the front sprocket while loosening the nut.
They have an article on the 11 great upgrades for your classic bike. It's the same list we give to 650 guys.
Tires, steering bearing, fork mods, swing arm bushings, igniton. These are the top 5.
I'm looking at the article now, the title is 11 thing and they only show 10 things.
I have picked up Motorcycle Classics several times. I like the focus on classic bikes.
Leo

Motorcycle Classics is my favorite bike mag. i like the e-mails they send out with classic bike deals they've spotted on ebay. This fall, I think it is the first week in October, they are having a three day ride in the North Carolina mountains. They're going to ride the parkway, visit the Biltmore Estate, and of course a run on "the Dragon" at Deal's Gap. They are using a local lodge as home base. After all that they are breaking camp and heading on a 400 mile ride south to Arkansas (I think) for the Barber Festival. That sounds like a great time. For those of you not from North Carolina, the mountains and weather at that time of year are typically incredibly beautiful. I hope to attend on my XS.

Back