Paint is Done...Almost

bwthor

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know your thoughts. I painted the side panels red, but they don't look right. I photoshopped them black, and I think that looks better, but I'm open to other ideas. Both front and rear fenders are black, I just haven't put them on yet.

I will be pulling the motor and getting that and the frame cleaned up and painted over the coming months. Not sure what to do with the engine, but I'd like to try the wrinkle black on it.

IMG_20171013_063026.jpg
BlackSide.jpg

--
Brandon

I like the black too. Somebody warned me to avoid reds that are lipstick shades. Yours might be getting close to that.

The red is the same that is on the tank, but without any black around it it just looks wrong. Good thing about paint, is I can always redo it. I was quite happy with how the tank turned out though.

Definitely black on the side covers. I'd stay away from the wrinkle on the engine. Might look good initially, but ittle be a bitch to keep clean.

Another vote for the black.

Unless you enjoy cleaning/polishing/fussing as much or more than riding, I wouldn't do anything to the engine. But that's just me.

I like the Akai Yamaha paint scheme. I think the side covers should be black, engine unpainted. Painted engines and exhaust pipes are a pain to keep tidy.

The red side cover would look better with black paint around the outside edge from the small raised panel. Tank and helmet are both red/black , side cover should also be red/black. Just my 2 cents............
tim

The red side cover would look better with black paint around the outside edge from the small raised panel. Tank and helmet are both red/black , side cover should also be red/black. Just my 2 cents............
tim
I just used a rattle can over the clear to see how it would look. Will need to be sanded down either way, so nothing to lose.
IMG_20171014_100135.jpg

The Photoshop image with the black side cover on the bike does look very nice and goes well with the alloy color of the engine.

Stay with the Black with white lettering on the side-cover..............enhances the tank and blends the side-cover with the engine and seat

Back