PAMCO Ignition/High Output Coil Question

mikeh36

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but I just want to be sure so I don't fry anything. I picked up and installed a PAMCO High Output ignition from xs650direct (Mikesxs in Canada) at the beginning of the month and have diligently been making sure that the only time the key is on is when I'm starting the big. Any longer than that I've been disconnecting the coil completely. However I read in another post last night (can't remember/find it) something that if the kill switch is on it kills power to the coil.

I've got some lighting bugs in my system that I need to look at so, my question is, as long as my kill switch is on do I have to worry about my coil frying?

The kill switch stops the coil from frying just make sure you have it in the off position. i allway turn my bike off using the kill switch then if the ignitions on it will not fry the coil

Thanks for confirming Funky. In the 20 years I've owned the bike I've rarely used the kill switch, usually because I'd forget I had and then spend 20 minutes trying to kickstart it. :)

Back