PAMCO question

jsmith1107

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
IMG_0310.JPG
Looking at buying this from a guy, is it missing any parts? I have a 76 model if that helps.

Sounds legit. The basic pamco is wirth that, but for the guarantee, you may want trhu pete himself to make sure its unrun. I hope im not souring a deal but.....
Buy it on contingent of full refund if it doesn't immediately fire off. After that, guarantee ends , theres a few gotchas that can burn a pamco right off the bat. Pma overcharge, bad coil, leaving ign on, bad wireing.

I would not for a minute consider this deal.
Rather, I would cough up the $250 or so and get the kit new.
There is a reason that, in general, parts houses don't accept returns on electronic items. As Angus notes, there are plenty of "gotchas"

I just found out the part in the bag is just two screws to hold the plate--on Mike's XS for $3
Sounds legit. The basic pamco is wirth that, but for the guarantee, you may want trhu pete himself to make sure its unrun. I hope im not souring a deal but.....
Buy it on contingent of full refund if it doesn't immediately fire off. After that, guarantee ends , theres a few gotchas that can burn a pamco right off the bat. Pma overcharge, bad coil, leaving ign on, bad wireing.

guy said he would guarantee it would work or money back

The PAMCO wires are of a really fine, delicate gauge (on purpose) , and the board that the components are mounted onto is also vulnerable to getting banged around during "used parts bin storage". He may give you a guarantee, but imagine the hours you will put into trying to get this working, and troubleshooting it if it is bad. The Standard PAMCO ignition at MIKESxs is
$107.98
Part #
14-0900

Any second hand part has an element of risk..................getting a guarantee is only as good as your installation. These Pamcos do not like spikes or fluctuations in power, so it is important to do all of the recommendations for the installation of the unit. ...............This information is on PamcoPetes site......
http://www.yamahaxs650.com/

That coil is one of the 2 recommendations Pete says to use on the Pamco units................Although the coil is not a high output one, it does have a longer spark duration than the standard coils so is is an efficient coil................

A link to a Pamco thread
http://www.xs650.com/threads/pamco-ignition.46859/

Back