Pamco unit making noise

GBGRIDER

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My pamco setup makes a good amount of noise when engine is running. after i lube up the bushings it went away but came back minutes later. any ideas?

GBG...,

Check to see that the rotor is not contacting the mounting screw for the PC board. If the points housing gaskets were changed and a thicker than OEM gasket was used, then that will push the housing out further along with the PAMCO plate and PC board to the point where it can contact the rotor.

Also, the combination of the advance rod with the PAMCO rotor on the end makes a perfect sound amplifier that can amplify the normal engine sounds.

No sure why lubing the bushings would change anything because the advance rod does not actually rotate in the bushings. It just makes small movements in response to the advance mechanism. I think it may be that just removing the advance rod to lube the bushings disturbs whatever condition is causing the noise and then it returns.

ok i will try that. I have a suggestion for you I would like to get your feed back on. I just installed the 277 re-phase and i though the wiring of it could be cleaner. first if you were able to connect the two circuit boards or run a jumper you would be able to use one red wire. You can also make it so the the circuit board can have a ground tap which would get rid of the black wires. and of course you have to have two green wires. I was think of doing this myself just would like to know if you have any reason not too. Thank you

Back