Pamco Wiring Approval Needed :D

gps2

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so maybe 'blessing' is a better word. I have three questions (photo below):

1. Do I have this wired correctly? I'm figuring it out as I go and would like an expert's opinion. Pamcopete?

2. There are 4 leftover wires in this photo. Two are orange and two are gray and using my circuit tester I've determined that they're the opposite ends of the same two wires. These are labelled "coil #1, coil #2, contact breaker and condensers." My assumption is that these are no longer needed and will not be used. Correct?

3. Is the coil mount location ok? It clears the gas tank on both sides. I will probably clean it up some once the bike is running. Any issues there?

Thanks guys :D

pamco1.jpg

Posted via Mobile

gps2,

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Use a mirror to check for tank clearance with the tank installed. Make sure that the metal ends of the plug wires have been crimped on correctly, per the instructions in www.yamahaxs650.com . Do not power it up with the plug wires disconnected.

I can't see the black wire from the PAMCO, but just be sure that it is connected to a good frame ground.

Here is a pic of the position for the plate to get it started:

pcboard11.jpg

Set the timing with a timing light after it starts.

Thanks! What spark plug caps should I use with this set up and the BPR7EIX iridium spark plugs? NGK Non-resistor?

Thanks! What spark plug caps should I use with this set up and the BPR7EIX iridium spark plugs? NGK Non-resistor?

That's what I would recommend, but if you switch back to a standard plug, make sure its a resistor plug as well, like the NGK BPR7ES, the equivalent to the non resistor BP7ES.

Back