Make Offer - Parting out 81 Special II

JDAMS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Due to my state's (WI) laws concerning untitled bikes it's easier for me to just part out my bike and save up for a clean titled bike instead. There is a guy locally selling another 81 for $800 dollars that runs and has a clean title. Help me reach this goal and keep my ties with this awesome community. Parts come as is - straight off the bike. Let me know if you need anything or want more pictures of anything. The image doesn't show it but I also have the seat (torn up a bit) and 2 gas tanks (1 rusty no petcock or cap & 1 clean w/ cap and petcock).

full

Here's a link to the rebuild thread I was working on until the title issue popped up.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22205

***Engine turns and is not seized ***

If I was on your side of the pond, I'd have loads off ya! Unfortunately shipping would kill my budget! Good luck with the sale!:thumbsup:

I also live in wisconsin. I have restored three bikes now without titles. Its is possible if you look around and get lucky. For two of them, I was able to find frames with titles for around $100. For the third one, I found a complete bike for $150 with a title. It was a total POS so I just used the frame. Good luck. Might be hard to recoup $800 on your part-out of that bike with the condition it is in. Start listing on ebay.

I am waiting until someone locally comes to look at it right now. He's interested in taking the whole bike. If it does not go before this weekend (10/6/2012), then I will start tearing parts off. Sorry for the brief delay.

I'm interested in the wheels, I've got a '81SH & want to dump the cast wheels. I'm across state in Kewaunee. Got a price?

Are you wanting the Mag wheels or the spokes? I have both. I'd be willing to part with the spokes for $25 each or $50 total. They would come with the rubber because I don't know how to get them off. Let me know. :thumbsup:

Are all your front brake parts in good condition, I would be willing to purchase the whole assembly if they do. just message me a price shipped to TX 76017

Back