For Sale - parting out one of my XS's

skw1972

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have an 81 XS650. I was gonna restore this one too but my wife says I cant rescue every stray I find. I can only keep 3 so the little XS that would have been has volunteerd to donate her parts to the betterment of the XS world every where.
The gauges are junk, maybe some salvage parts, and the carbs are gonna be kept.
2 to 1 exhaust in pretty decent shape, very light pitting in the chrome, I havent tried wet sanding yet. The engine has enough compression to throw you off. If any body needs anything let me know.
Im keeping the carbs and the seat, everything else is fair game.

rear brake caliper hose master cyl and pedal (basically the complete rear system)
also want the right hand clutch cover if not scratched up

Might be interested in the exhaust.
Picts would be great
Any Idea what make ?

hey guys.
@ dahondaboy shoot an offer or pm me. I got a another member asking about the whole engine. so Im waiting to hear back from him, but its not scratched up at all in fact polished up it would be beautiful. If the the other guy dont want it I guess I might start canabalizing the engine. Shame though its a good engine and could be brought back strong and live long. but alas it cant sit on my bench forever either
@Ccrider I'll get pics of every thing shortly, some time today I'll shoot a pic. Not sure about make but Ill go check. I was just stoked when I seen it was a 2 to 1. What sucks is all my other bikes are 4 bangers

Ill take the engine from you if you dont mind shipping it. Send me a pm with what you would like for it.

-Derek

im just starting a project xs650 and have been looking everywhere for a decent engine, if you still have it im very interested. message me if its still up for grabs.

im just starting a project xs650 and have been looking everywhere for a decent engine, if you still have it im very interested. message me if its still up for grabs.

yeah so far it is, Ive had a ton of questions but so far no action lol. All the covers are great, would polish up fantastic --like mirror chrome if you use some compound and a buffer, you know the drill. compression is real strong. This will make a good strong live long runner. when I first got it and kicked it it acted like it wanted to bust off, blew hard out the pipes. I pulled it, bench it and started flushing with oil and turning with the kick start, I didnt want to scar cylinders on a good engine that had been laid up so long. I really want to build it out like a beast but wife says I got too many. As if right?

FRONT FORKS, the complete shock assembly NO trippletree or anything else shipped to 78239. PICS PLEASE

my email is s.k.w.1972@hotmail.com I know how to send pics from that lol, Im not a computer guy, I suck with computers, I need a think that lets me click and and my pictures come up and I cant find it. send me an email and I can reply and attach a pic from that

side covers? if you got them and they're not cracked i'd be interested - don't care about paint color or paint condition.

seems like its in pretty good condition, any pics of it and how much were you wanting for the engine?

i have a couple but i'm back to that "Im a retard and can't figure out how to post pics" thing again. Got my helmet but I'm fresh out of crayons
pm me for a email address. I do know how to send pics from there

On the bottom click "go advanced" cant post pics from the "quick reply"

Look in the top line next to the smiley face there is a paper clip, click it, then click browse find pics on your pc 1 per browse line, then click on UPLOAD. BE PATIENT takes a few to up load once it uploads close it all out, click in the body of your post click the paper clip again then INSERT ALL.

ITS THAT SIMPLE ( really its not really hard ! )

On the bottom click "go advanced" cant post pics from the "quick reply"

Look in the top line next to the smiley face there is a paper clip, click it, then click browse find pics on your pc 1 per browse line, then click on UPLOAD. BE PATIENT takes a few to up load once it uploads close it all out, click in the body of your post click the paper clip again then INSERT ALL.

ITS THAT SIMPLE ( really its not really hard ! )

cool Im about to try it

call me at 850-503-4828 in about 2 hrs from now. All that and more still available. Engine is gone though. (already wish Id kept it lol)

Back