Parts on hold!???

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I got a lot of parts coming in from China and I just got the word they are all put on hold Bummer....
With all the health scare I guess they stopped flying.
Well off to find another source for now .
Anyone else get a email? Who ordered from that area.

Got a bunch O chinesium on order, haven't seen any delay notices yet. But delivery is always hit n miss, this'll make it worse. Opening mail is like christmas, by the time stuff gets here I have no idea what it was I ordered....

Luckily the parts I'd ordered before the panic set in have all arrived, and I trust no viral particles survived the journey, although I'm fairly sure that none of the bit were near Wuhan anyway. After previous years, I'd be laying off ordering parts around this time anyway because the Chinese New Year backlogs orders.

Q: Am I at risk for novel coronavirus from a package or products shipping from China?

There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and how it spreads. Two other coronaviruses have emerged previously to cause severe illness in people (MERS and SARS). 2019-nCoV is more genetically related to SARS than MERS, but both are betacoronaviruses with their origins in bats. While we don’t know for sure that this virus will behave the same way as SARS and MERS, we can use the information from both of these earlier coronaviruses to guide us. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods. Information will be provided on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus website as it becomes available.

Still worried? Bleach

Couple days ago got a parcel from Banggood; mail lady told me that supervisors said not to worry as any virus would not survive the shipping - she also mentioned 5 days as the magic number.
Turns out that my purchase was shipped from New Jersey - complete front master cylinder and clutch lever set for about $25.00. Other than having to open up the clutch perch to 7/8, looks good. Includes brake switch.

20200216_103211-1.jpg
Banggood Shipment Arrived Yesterday
Ordered stuff about 24 January and package containing half price mufflers arrived, brake lines came last week, I think there is another package to come yet.
My order may have just snuck in under the wire.
No sniffles yet.

normally takes about 5-6 weeks to get orders to aust so well outside any infection period but have a few orders now that wont be holding my breath for , with a lot of china on lock down can see major delays so not doing anymore ordering for a while

Some (most) of my chinese parts have been coming through. No flu here, yet ;) Mailman was coughing a bit. :laugh2:

this is something i was curious about, so i came here to see how you guys are dealing with all your chinese orders :) you think you've got it bad, i'm waiting on glasses from zenni's so i can see. there are a lot of freaky videos on twitter concerning what's going on over there, as if it was being way under-reported in the msm. if i was grinding glasses and people were dropping dead around me, i'd put random number in the machine and push the button and get the hell out of there.

Don't have any on order at the moment but three weeks has been my average Zenni order turn around. prolly 7-8 pairs so far.

zenni's is the best thing going . i just have one, but it was great. single vision for $20. the ones coming are progressives for $40. compare to $400 if they're as good as the singles. assuming the operator doesn't drop dead first

got my zennis today after 18 days. they never put up a tracking number this time, which was the only difference. i was guessing maybe the middle of march. actually i saw the "completed" when i logged in but no tracking number and i thought they might have refunded me instead of making the glasses. i'm not immune to the hype. they advertised at the superbowl, just before covid, and i figured they were utterly swamped beyond hope. i'm not immune to the hype

20200228_195420.jpg
Tuesday evening, I ordered some more items from Banggood, by Thursday morning had confirmation all had shipped - from 3 different places apparently, even one in New Jersey which was sending me "7/8 22mm brake master cylinder perch lever for Yamaha XJ650, SRX600 XS400....." $21.37 gets a master cylinder with lever and the proper sort of mirror thread, plus a clutch perch and lever.
This my second order of them, just installed one on the good bones bike and pumped up and bled within 10 minutes, another 15 to switch the terminals for the brake lever and done.
Maybe the billing and emails are robotic...

Last edited:
Back