Picked up another XS... frame ID help?

bbillington

blorp a dorp dorp
Reaction score
Let's just say that sometimes I get really lucky with bikes. I found an ad...no pictures, brief and incomplete description, but I reached out to the seller and included my number. A few minutes later, I had committed to buy what you see here.

He thought it to be an Amen Saviour but I don't think so given the gooseneck head/downtubes and the enclosed rear springs... I haven't gone over the frame yet for any markings, but it looks like an All Souls/Santee to me... any experts out there?

The bike rides really amazingly and I had a blast on it yesterday... of course low speed maneuvering is rough but that's to be expected with a long bike and narrow bars but I really dig it out on the road. PM me if you want to know what I got this, a 78 parts bike, an xs400 front end, and the usual box of parts for... Let's just say that he got about 200 emails in 24 hours and I was the first to contact him and I know when to take a risk on a bike buy.

7374243152_ba1254f7fb_b.jpg

Congratulation s on your buy. Must be a hairy ride with those forks and no brace. If they are XS400's then aren't they 33mm?

Sorry I wasn't clear... the XS400 forks were a spare set that I took for another project, the forks on there now are 35s, possibly from a Suzuki of some sort. I'll look more closely

Back