pickin up an XS400

SuffolkBobber

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is JT. im 18 and love bikes. Just recently built a Hardknock bobber, i bought it for $800 and tore it all down, replaced frame and a new larger engine along with other parts. My buddy has this old xs400 with no title/no keys. It was his grandfathers and its in pretty rough shape. I plan on building a hardtail bobber out of it, im pickin it up for $100! yes $100. I hope to pick it up soon, just gotta find the time and then i will post pics. i know it has good compression, i kicked it over a few times. im sure the first things i need to do it drain the oil and clean the carb to jsut HOPE it may start, which i think its gunna need more than that! but just wanted to introduce myself, see what everyone thinks.

here is my hardknock 200cc
downsized_0212111850.jpg

Thats pretty cool at $100.
I recently got an xs400 for $600.
But its in good shape and runs good.
Same usual xs oil leaks, clutch seal etc...
Previous owner was not into preventative maintenance.

But it is fun to ride,'after I put a set of clubmans on it.

Yo Suffolkbobber,
I think hardknockers are way cool and yours a fine example.
I wish they would have been around when I was 12...
I bet some will look at that bike and start looking for parts for their 650's. The tank comes to mind.

Did you know there is a site (like this one) dedicated to XS400?
If you didn't you may want to have a look there. http://www.xs400.com/
Some bits(very few) will swap to the 650 most of it is applicable to the 400 only.

no i didnt know there was an xs400 page, i searched google and only found this one. but thank you.

my hardknock is pretty sweet. its a mustang replica tank with twin caps, one is a dummy cap. ive had it up to 60mph so far and it alot of fun around town, i wouldnt take it on interstate or any long distance, thats why i want something bigger, like the 400.

Back