Please help me buy from Mikes

Pete78

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in Canada and need some parts from Mikes, I've tried xs650 direct, Mikes Canadian version but they don't have what I need. I emailed Mikes and this is what they responded:

"Per a legal agreement with xs650, we are not allowed to do business in Canada, I am sorry.

MikesXS "

I can order the parts and pay for it with Paypal but they wont ship it to Canada.

If any of you would be willing to take the time and help me out, I could have theme send it to you, once received you will tell me how much the shipping will cost to me and I will send you the amount via Paypal. The parts are a 18"rear rim , SS spokes and 2 wheel rim bands for a total of $160.

Missing this parts stalled my project, I have to build from bottom up, I would appreciate if one of you could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

If You can't get anyone outside the state of Florida.
I will help You.
If they ship to me it will probably cost You sales tax.
But if You don't care about that then I will help You

Thanks Carbon, that was fast. Is it only Florida residence have to pay sale taxes or other states too? How much tax on $160?

I know beggars can't be choosers, but can I hang on to your offer in case someone else offers, maybe a little closer nord? Thank you verry much for offering.

When you pay with paypal i thought the address, (paypals), was the one they had to ship to??????

just a thought, it may be a problem.

Have you tried any other american xs650 parts sites?

Xs650direct is out of stock in practically everything I need, so I just have been getting stuff from here and there, for a bit cheaper too.

Ebay, or maybe try 650Central

Done! Two thumbs to Carbon, thanks again, I still cant believe how fast he jumps to help me out. You know I question myself if I would have done the same.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete,

Another option is to use one of the cross border shipping addresses offered by many towns just on the other side of the border. We do this all the time in Winnipeg using a "parcel service" business across the border in Pembina, North Dakota, an hours drive away. It's become so popular that there used to be only one business there doing it, now there are 5 or 6. Cost for the service is typically $5 per package, depending on weight.

I did a quick Google search to see if there was something similar in your area, and found one in Champlain NY. Here's the link:

http://shiptotheborder.com/border-mail-services-champlain-ny

Of course you still have to declare the item at the border stop when you bring it back and possibly have to pay duty or taxes on it, especially if it's just a same day trip.

resto

Yes otherwise shipping a rim to Canada is going to co$t you. A medium flat rate box to Canada is $46.00 now.

good point resto, i've never heard of this type of service, next will use that.
This time Carbon helped me out, I'm thankful for that.

Hey man I'm in Minnesota...don't know if its cheaper and I see carbons got it, but hey if its a significant amount cheaper I'd be willing to help you out as well.

Back