Please help me buy from Mikes

yeah it can be a big pain trying to buy stuff up here. Just about everyone will ship to canada but you can get nailed with duty at the border. A lot of us at the south end of the country have american post office boxes at brokers and other places like that where we can send our mail and pick it up in the US ourselves and bring it back home. If you're visiting the US for longer than 48hrs (i think) there's a certain dollar amount you can bring back per person duty free. So that's usually what we'll do. This issue with mikes xs I couldn't even get them to sell me anything because they ask you to put in your billing address and it must match that of your credit card and you can't select canada from their drop down menu so that put a hiccup in my plans. I think the solution was to pay with paypal (after transfering funds into the account) instead of using your visa via paypal but my buddy ended up doing it for me so it worked out. Thanks again for the offer Carbon!

Well it arrived at the mailbox last tuesday and i finally got around to picking it up. Success! the only thing that seems different is the picture of the kit online shows a copper colored "spacer" with 3 washers and my kit comes with an aluminum one that looks a bit different and no washers for it. is this just an upgrade? here's a pic of the e-advance kit that's on the website. I've attached photos of what came with my kit below also.

http://www.mikesxs.net/parts/img600/14-0648.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_00000545.jpg
    IMG_00000545.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_00000546.jpg
    IMG_00000546.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_00000542.jpg
    IMG_00000542.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
ljevans,

Yes. The aluminum advancer cap is a replacement for the original copper cap with the washers. There are no special washers needed with the new cap. Just follow the online installation instructions, especially the order of assembling the PAMCO rotor, advance rod and new cap.

www.yamahaxs650.com

Back