PMA conversion regulator rectifier wiring

carkom

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I'm close to compiling all my parts for the PMA swap. Just need the PMA swap kit from Hugh's and a regulator/rectifier.

I have a zx600 stator and I was just going to go with the regulator from the same bike. I've found, however, that this regulator has 6 wires. I'm not sure of the colors of the wires but my research has lead me to this for the wiring (I could be wrong on the ones I have labeled so correct me if that's the case):
zx600%2520reg.JPG

What is the missing spot used for (how would I wire it)?

Should I just go with a different regulator? Suggestions for cheap, common (5 wire) regulators (prefer ebay) ?

Not sure what "cheap" is to you, but we sell a good quality 5 Wire PMA Regulator for $42.50 shipped in the US. Retail on those is $89.00, but we try to keep prices low enough for folks to justify good new components...

Hugh - Hugh's HandBuilt

Thanks Hugh, I've had my eye on the one you offer, but my budget is closer to the $15-$20 range that can be found on ebay.

Thanks Hugh, I've had my eye on the one you offer, but my budget is closer to the $15-$20 range that can be found on ebay.

Just make sure you find a 3 phase Regulator, that can handle the output of that ZX600 Stator. There is a list of stators that work with the swap, and almost any of the regulators off of those same bikes will work.

As for the pic, I'd have no idea what the extra wire would need to be hooked to... Sorry I can't be of more help man

Hi

Got a very similar setup on mine. What to uhave above will work - three wires to the stator (order is unimportant) positive and earth. The remaining wire that is on mine is neatly wrapped up out the way.

Back