PMA kits

jetero41

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience with the parts from Ascension Cycle Works regarding the PMA conversion. Found them on E-bay. Just curious.....

Rick Page owns that company, look around for his tech here and on other websites... Oh wait, it doesn't exist... He's a fly by nighter who took advantage of several people to get his kits made....

Sounds harsh I know, but if you want tech help and service, feel free to ask me. Its what I do :)

HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com

For comparison, his kits are 130 watts, and I can get 208 watt stators now, AND free tech support and service on a daily basis... I also offer free shipping. But before you take my word for it, do some research and see for yourself.

Hugh

If you want info about PMAs in general, I advise you to check out the blog over at Hughs Handbuilt, you can google it. But most importantly, do your research. I have personally never heard of the company or Mr. Page, but I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a bad word about Hugh and he has answered questions for me personally several times and I have never spent a penny with him.

Rick may not be a heavy hitter on the message boards but that hardly makes him a fly-by-nighter. He has more manufacturing experience than Hugh and myself combined.

His setup uses a handmade cast adapter plate (of his own design) like the one I used to sell, but at half the price. From my perspective, he didn't take advantage of anybody, he simply upped the ante. Better product and lower price.

Rick may not be a heavy hitter on the message boards but that hardly makes him a fly-by-nighter. He has more manufacturing experience than Hugh and myself combined.

His setup uses a handmade cast adapter plate (of his own design) like the one I used to sell, but at half the price. From my perspective, he didn't take advantage of anybody, he simply upped the ante. Better product and lower price.

Guess you missed the 20 some odd emails he sent me asking for tech and help, plus specs and measurements... Oh yeah, he bought my parts and then undercut me after using them for dimensions. I'll back off now, and let the rest decide... :thumbsup:

BUT, he did cause me to get my butt in gear, setup with better vendors and get better quality parts at a lower price... I'll give him that... The parts I sell are far better than those from a year ago, with higher output, and $70.00 cheaper. Competition is good for the gander :)

What dimensions could he possibly need off of your part? I got all of the dimensions for mine off of the stock Banshee plate. Everything else required for the setup has been public domain since it's inception.

I had also talked with him via e-mail and phone. Not just in the hopes I could make money off of him, but because he was a nice guy with questions. Of course, you are a businessman where I am just a hobbiest. Which is why I qualified my statement above with, "from my perspective." If he was taking food out of the mouths of my kids then I may feel differently about it.

Like I said, you haven't seen the emails he had going back and forth with me. Dude didn't even understand how to wire up a PMA regulator. Reference here: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12167&highlight=Regulator

And yes, when someone starts asking for dimensions, specs, etc.. AFTER buying my parts, and then proceeds to go to market with a similar kit, I feel a bit taken for granted... I tried to offer my standard customer service and it bit me in the ass. Sometimes I wish I could be MikesXS and just sell parts with no service whatsoever, but I pride myself on my tech support and customer relations, so that will never happen.

I don't want to fight with ya, thats not the point here. I'd like to see people do their research and go from there. I'm gonna leave this one alone for now. :D

Hugh, I replied to your PM in more detail. I just want to say here that I am not attacking anybody. I'm simply supporting a fellow enthusiast, the same as I have done for you in the past. I don't mean for it to sound like I'm putting you down because that is not my intention, I really dig what you do.

Back