Points ignition and single coil?

BigColdWetNose

Drive Fast, Take Chances
Reaction score
I see the threads with the PAMCO's and OEM electronic ignition run a single coil. I can assume that both cylinders fire together. The points system completes the circuit alternating left & right cylinder ignition.

Has anybody used a Harley single coil and jumpered the points together? I have just picked one up that is wired that way. Don't know what kind of problems I might run into or if this will be OK until I go electronic.

Yew betcha. The trick is in the search phrase.
Typing "wiring single coil points " in the Google custom searchbox will get you more threads...

Wow! I searched those words and it opened a whole new can of worms! Been a while since I've been on a Forum & I've forgotten the power of this Fetcher Tool. I appreciate the mental reminder without getting punted through the posts like the bumbling idiot I seem to be!!

After looking at your bio & informative posts, I now know why you are truly an XS650 Icon. Thanks to you and others sharing and informing, these 30 year + machines will continue to live well into the future.

Mark

Back