Pop goes the weasel !

SICKLEBOY

Owner and perpetrator
Reaction score
so I'm wired up ( pamco ignition w/ a heavy duty coil ) and bolted down, out for a shakedown run and the fuse I have wired into the ignition fries...( it's a 10 amp, and also has a 15 amp circut breaker) , My question is, this too small a fuse?
I'd rather fry a fuse than the coil or ignition...

ReAlLy?.......
Nobody has any help to offer?
I guess there must be a foolproof wiring diagram out there that I haven't seen instead of the dozens of variatios lol

Pamco reccomends a 7.5 amp fuse for the ignition. The coil is the big draw. About 5.5 to 6 amps. If your blowing 10 amp fuses then you have a serious problem.
I would start by checking all the wiring.
Check the ohms of the coil, primary side as well as the secondary. Check both sides to each other and the metal mounting.
Leo

Pamco reccomends a 7.5 amp fuse for the ignition. The coil is the big draw. About 5.5 to 6 amps. If your blowing 10 amp fuses then you have a serious problem.
I would start by checking all the wiring.
Check the ohms of the coil, primary side as well as the secondary. Check both sides to each other and the metal mounting.
Leo

Thanks I'll check on this ...
I put a 15 amp fuse in it last night and rode around for a while and It was fine but as you say ...there sounds like a problem if it fries a 10 amp fuse,
See it didn't do it right away , I had been rolling for almost an hour before it popped ...
I guess there may also have been a short inside that jumble of wires and it has nothing to do with the fuse size but a wire /connection grounding on something hmmm
I'll check the coil...

Back