Pulling Hugh's PMA flywheel

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to split my cases to get to a bad bearing. I need to pull my Hugh's PMA flywheel and don't have one of the handy dandy pullers. Anyone have a way to pull it without a special puller that won't destroy the flywheel? Thanks!

Dave

There is no way.. Need the puller or you likely flex the magnet and destroy em. Cant hammer on it either. Youre in SoCal though, im sure there are motorcross shops around. Get to decent one, theyll have em. Banshee flywheel pullers. Motion Pro, prolly be about $18.

Yeah, I figured while I'm in there I'd also replace the 5th gear to the overdrive gear. Thanks though :) Besides, we're not 100% that it's that bearing, I'd rather get it all undone and test everything. I'd hate to put her back together and have the same squeal...lol, although I'm half expecting to find a pig in there :)

Hiya hugh,ive sent you a message on here regarding the size of the rotor puller needed for one of your pma rotors,i realise your a very busy fella so thought you could maybe let me know,thanks:thumbsup:

theres a shared puller in the classified section...i just bought a pma from hugh's hb and paying 5 bucks to ship the tool. cant wait till they come in!

Back