Q. for the fork tube experts

rjteeter

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I ordered new fork tubes for my 74 tx650 from Mikes Xs. I have the old forks apart and found the inside diameter where the Dampener tube inserts is smaller on the Mikes tubes.

The hole on the stock tubes appear to be 28mm while the hole on the Mikes tubes appear to be 26mm. Because of this I can't fit the dampener tube from the stock tubes into the new tubes.

Did they send me the wrong tubes or...?

The stock tube is on the top left. You can see the Mikes tubes have more material on them.
7152035315_a9172d49c7_c.jpg

haven't had any experience with the tubes but looking at them it looks as though they haven't had enough lathed out. Could you take them to a machine shop to get it done. last resort if Mikes doesn't come to the party

Bump. Anyone? The customer service at mike's are not putting forth much effort here.

No shit? Mikes NEVER provides useful after sales help, they are arseholes when it comes to communication! how about a pic of your lowers, maybe you have non stock forks?

Posted via Mobile

is the o.d. of your fork tubes 34 or 35mm...????
that photo looks like the bottom of the fork legs..?? just checking - have you forgotten the damper rod inserts into the fork tube through the top & then hangs out through the bottom.....

The fork OD is 34 and the cylinders go in the bottom and not the top my these. The 35's go in the top. This is true.

is the o.d. of your fork tubes 34 or 35mm...????
that photo looks like the bottom of the fork legs..?? just checking - have you forgotten the damper rod inserts into the fork tube through the top & then hangs out through the bottom.....

Back