question about Mikesxs

etrinks

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
anyone here have problems with Mikes? I placed an order, havent seen it. Finally got a response with a tracking #. Well when I tracked it, my order was delivered to another state. sent another email to mikes, with the delivery conformation from UPS, still havent heard back. So some guy has all my parts, and I dont. There is no other way to contact Mikes other than email. I too work in sales to the public and have many ways of contacting me. when one of my customers call or email with a problem it is handled ASAP. :banghead:

I wanted to order some stuff from them a few weeks ago, but they didn't have them in stock. So, I sent an email which said to the effect of: "Hey I wanted to order a stator and reg/rec for my '77 model. You guys are out now, when do you expect to get more?"

And then 2 days ago, I finally get an email response which read:" What's the part#?"
Seriously, that's all it said. I mean I figure that a store that only carries parts for one model of bike wouldn't have to ask me for a part # for a '77 stator.
And on top of that, it took almost 2 weeks to get that much out of them.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Mike's in the past, and never had anything like this happen. All my questions have been answered pretty promptly too. Seems the new owners have some learning to do...

So, I decided to order the PMA kit from Hugh's Hand-built.

this transition period seems to be irritating people, me included, hopefully it clears up and they get back to offering decent service. they offer a lot of parts, it'd be a shame to see a parts source go under

I usually got my parts in 3 days. last order took 1 1/2 weeks. They were moving to a new location along with the owner transfer from what I heard. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Again, they are under new ownership and it's gonna be a pain. 650central is another great place that, I think, is going to obtain much of mikesxs' old business. I'm still pissed 'cuz I paid for second day delivery and it took 8 days. Then, when I ordered something else, the money was withdrawn immediately from account, as expected. 7 days later the money was back in my account. ???? Thinking it was out of stock, I emailed them. On day 8 I received my parts and the money was still in my account. Morning of day 9 the money was re-withdrawn. BUT, there was no email response as to why the money was jockied around like that. Good thing I keep accountability for my money.Personally I will not deal with them anymore. I'm sure I can find other distributors for XS parts. Like 650central. When I don't see a phone number, I get the feeling they don't want to be bothered with some idiot customer. I never had a problem 'till it was sold.

I emailed XS650Direct.com (Canadian) to see if they sold and shipped to the US. They have parts on hand that MikesXS doesn't currently have.

They emailed me back within a few hours! Unfortunately, they only ship to Canadian addresses :(

Don't worry guys,i hear that the new "owners", Scott and Jim will soon have everything under control.They are going to outsource all of the e-mails and orders to India.That should solve everything.Seriously,they have no clue about the business and know even less about motorcycles.It will only get worse unless they make BIG changes SOON! They are very understaffed and have no one working there that has a clue about the XS 650 at this time.Sad.

ordered parts on Monday, received shipping info today. not too bad imho.

took 6 days to get my tracking info. then another day for them to send it out. just cause they tag it doesnt mean that ups has it.
i got z-6 needles that doesnt work for my year carb. its wrong on their site. 3 emails and going on 9 days with no response. super awesome customer service by the new guys. this shit is all over everyboard. 650central has got to be loving it.

Yeah, this confirms what I have been wondering. About how it had been going with new owners and I had been contemplating putting a order in and I think I'll hold off for a while till I start hearing good things, which may be a while. 650central is cool, but just doesn't seem to have same oem assortment.

I ordered $30 worth of jets and carb bits. Took a week or so to get to me. I'd say business as usual. I'll keep using them...

I have ordered from them twice in the last couple of months with no issues. Just regular UPS ground shipping, took around 10 days both times to receive the items. :thumbsup:

i ordered a bunch of parts on the 21st, seems they left the box in the corner somewhere cuz i hadn't received it yet. I shot them an email because i got another shipment that i had ordered after the first one. for whatever reason it got missed so they're 2nd day airmailing it to me without charging me extra, should be here by friday.

atleast they're trying...

Yeah, this confirms what I have been wondering. About how it had been going with new owners and I had been contemplating putting a order in and I think I'll hold off for a while till I start hearing good things, which may be a while. 650central is cool, but just doesn't seem to have same oem assortment.

Sometimes you just have to call him. He doesn't have everything on his site.

Back