question about Mikesxs

Have patience, it may be screwed up now but it will take a while for them to get this fixed. For a long time everyone liked to jump on mikes and complain about stock, and quality. But if it wasn't for mikes, the xs wouldn't have even got so popular b/c it would be too hard to get new parts for.
We have to give the new owners a fair chance.

ide use 650 central, but they dont have a shopping cart?

He has a shopping cart system that's about 85% done. I've written paypal shopping carts before and I was tempted to offer to finish it for him over the winter for a big line of credit :)

Just ordered crap from them, hoping it doesnt take years.....FL shit takes like 5 business days tops normally to get to CT.

I've placed two orders with them since the new ownership and my stuff has taken about a week and a half to get here. Also emailed them about some out of stock parts and they got back to me in about two weeks and most of them were now in stock. They are slow, but something seems to be happening.

Yes, I know the feeling. I placed an order on march 22,2011, here it is the 31, i have emailed and emailed mikesxs and have came up empty handed and no parts or even an email from them. They have already got there money,and they dont offer a phone number, I will give them a few more days, and then i will be contacting the Sheriffs Dept. down there in Brooksville,Fl.

well, you might feel the same way if you have about a $500 order and no way of communication other than an email address, i believe in a fair shake too, i run a small
business and i wont be around long if i didnt reply to emails, phone calls,etc. But, i have been reading that there are others here having the same experience, aleast some sort of communication with your customers goes along way, Thank you

use paypal and then you can file a dispute within 45 days of the order. i just ordered on tuesday. i'll give them a chance, running a mailorder distribution company will take a little while to get going smoothly.

well i have to get in on this thread...i use to get parts from mikes sent to mi ..super fast..via fedex...just recently started another xs project....it has been 2 weeks and no parts..and no answered emails...

they use to send tracking numbers etc..

they took over an established biz....why is running it such a problem??

i am in business and know what customer service is, and these new jerks have no clue..probably be a xs parts depot on the market soon..cheap!!

no more of my dollars are going to them..!!

Mine took 11 days from order and I had it shipped by ground, on the 10 day they hadn't shipped it yet and then all of a sudden next day air..... well at least I didn't have to pay for shipping and it got here!

I'm getting confused on whether to order or not? :banghead:

Every bad experience post, is followed up by a good experience!

I just had a issue with a order from Lowbrow, so I shoot them a email and within 3 hours of there response the issue was resolved. This was the first time I had ordered from them, and will order from them again even though there was a issue with my first order. So I know crap happens, but communication is key with your customer!

This is why I love dealing with local shops (even though it may cost more), so you can get the face to face transaction so you know who to hold accountable!

Last edited:
well I got to agree with the idea that mikesxs needs a little time to get the hang of things....so i'll order from them again, it sounds like bloodthirstysystem ordered his stuff after I did and had a good turn around. So it looks like there doing something right. :D

Sounds like there getting alot quicker too!

My experience:

I ordered a taillight and some turn signals on March 24th, received the taillight April 1st with a notice that they were out of the turn signals. Emailed them same day and got a response April 3rd saying that they were refunding my money. Today April 4th money is back in my account. Also I paid for Ground shipping and they sent it 2day no extra charge as they got the order out a couple days late. Looks like they are getting it together! Maybe they have been reading this board?

Its been about 6months since I last ordered from them and had a good experience then as well but that was before the (hostile?) takeover maybe?

It would do them good to chime in if they are on here!.....

Is there any type of pattern to the amount of items that are order, with relation to lateness of shipping? (i.e. - 1 item on time, 10 items still haven't seen the order?)

Back