Question about Pamco wiring.

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have been reading the tech section until my eyes are bleeding. I have also done every search I can think of. Here is my question. This is the wiring diagram that was on Pamco's website.
IMG_4419.JPG

While researching I found a pretty old post by Pamco Pete himself where he recommended running a wire from the red/white wire from the harness back to under the seat, and installing a 7.5 AMP inline fuse there, before returning to the coil.
So I drew this diagram. Is this the way I should do it, or just go with the diagram from his website?
IMG_4418.JPG

What would be the purpose of the fuse under the seat?

Your drawing is good. You can put the 7.5 amp fuse anywhere you like. My bike had 4 fuses under the seat and above the battery. My original 10 amp ignition fuse was there, and I just changed it to a 7.5 amp fuse. On my bike the 7.5 amp fuse goes to the kill switch and from the kill switch to the ignition coil and Pamco.

I always run a fuse BY IT SELF in line with electronic ignitions for two reasons and I use a kill switch also.
1. If you don't run a fuse and your bike has a spike which some tend to do you can damage the ignition. has happened to bikes with PMA that went past 14.5 volts
2. if you don't have kill or fuse and walk away from bike with key on you can burn up ignition. I have a bike here now that a guy put his bike radio on while washing his bike but forgot to use kill and burned up pickup.
So read all the directions that come with any electronic ignition ALL!!! I burned up my very first Pamco in 10 mins of install for being stupid and not reading directions. I have installed more than 25 and never made that mistake again .

Ignition fuse under the seat:
1.Better than under the gas tank if you have to change it on the side of the road.
2.Easy jumper to battery in case of a defective ignition switch, kill switch or hard short that blows main fuse.
3.Easy to remove as an anti theft device.
4.Great conversation starter!
5.Gives me a chance to show I am not dead, despite the rumors!

650Skull. That is such a great compilation of information you put together, I have spent MUCH time in there.

DaddyG. Thanks for your input, believe me I am trying to do this right ONE time. That's why the question.

1.Better than under the gas tank if you have to change it on the side of the road.
2.Easy jumper to battery in case of a defective ignition switch, kill switch or hard short that blows main fuse.

So glad to hear you are still with us! And thank you for the personal response! So I hope my little diagram got the Pamco Pete seal of approval! Thanks again Bob

Pete:

NOT being dead is much superior to being dead I am told.

Pete

Back