Question on Pamco Hall effect ignition system

bloopy901

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I installed my Pamco e-advance and hall effect ignition system but am having trouble starting the bike.

I just realized where I MAY have messed up. The installation instructions here:http://www.yamahaxs650.com/Installtion of E-Advancer.htm

States that the labels for the red and green wires are reversed. Does that mean I hook green wire from the hall effect to red from the e-advance unit? Or do I hook the red to red still?

I hate to ask such a basic question but I am willing to try anything to get my bike working .

Thank you all!

Hook the wires up as described, they are hooked to the circuit board right, just the labeling on the circuit board is wrong.
I think when Pete ordered the circuit boards there was a mistake made on the labeling. If you look at your board you will see the label on the board and the wire colors are reversed. The red wire is where the board says green, and the green is where it's marked red. This is ok, just wire the units up as described by wire color.
Check to be sure you have it wired right.
I just got the new system and will be installing it today. I printed out the instructions to have them easy to use. I have seen this notice in the instructions and have looked at my circuit board and yes the labels and wires are reversed. I see no problem, just go by wire colors.
Leo

Sounds like the thing to do would be mark out the board lettering with a sharpie to keep people from wondering if their wires were on wrong.

Yes, that might work but people would wonder what was blacked out.
I just added the E-advance to my 75. It was a straight forward install. Swap the advancer for the copper adapter. Just follow the instructions, can't screw it up.
Reinstall the rod so the notch goes on the pin in cam. Install the rotor. Good to go.
Hook the wires up color to color from advancer to sensor. Hook the other wires to the coil. hot and ground. All done.
It seems to run a bit better at the upper rpms. My stock advancer fluctuated at the higher rpms, the e-advancer don't.
Leo

Last edited:
Back