quick question fuel hose ID ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
need to order some pdq before Easter .
Anyone know the ID of fuel pipe /hose ? got a feeling its 6mm

cheers Fred.
Couldn't get to my bike tonight to measure it.
I'll order some up. How about some of that nice pink hose .......... yuk:sick: :D

I used 3/16" (4.5mm) Tygon line. It's very flexible, and stretches just the right amount to slip over the brass barbs, and remains tight enuff to prevent slipping off. I smear a very thin coat of grease inside the hose, and onto the brass barb, and it easily slips on. The holding and sealing power is so good, that I forego using clamps. :yikes:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-xs-today.32082/page-92#post-465166

Edit: My XS1B's fuel fittings are 6mm, with 7mm barbs...

Last edited:
I used 3/16" (4.5mm) Tygon line. It's very flexible, and stretches just the right amount to slip over the brass barbs, and remains tight enuff to prevent slipping off. I smear a very thin coat of grease inside the hose, and onto the brass barb, and it easily slips on. The holding and sealing power is so good, that I forego using clamps. :yikes:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-xs-today.32082/page-92#post-465166

titeass :D Good idea but I need something a little larger as I use 7mm inline filters . I did fit some expensive fuel lines a couple of years ago but they quickly went stiff like fossilised rock after a couple of years . I now change my hoses after every Winter storage when I remove and clean my carbs ready for the Summer and Fall. They stay nice and flexible for the 8 months a year I ride

titeass :D Good idea but I need something a little larger as I use 7mm inline filters . I did fit some expensive fuel lines a couple of years ago but they quickly went stiff like fossilised rock after a couple of years . I now change my hoses after every Winter storage when I remove and clean my carbs ready for the Summer and Fall. They stay nice and flexible for the 8 months a year I ride

Well if the filter is 7 mm Tygon 1/4 inch is 6.35mm.

Back