104_0818.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 104_0819.jpg
    104_0819.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 104_0820.jpg
    104_0820.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 154
Looks like maybe someone put a big'ol socket and ratchet on them flats that don't turn nothing and gave it a good fracture in the past.

Yea I don't even really remember what happened to it. It was about 6 months ago and hell if I know where to find a good one of those things. I'm gonna have to figure somethin' out.

Anyone got any interesting stories on just stopping work cold on your bike?

Home renovations, kids and moving again :) Now I have a HUGE shop but every tool I own needs to be unpacked and the shop set back up.

playing music at bars a couple of times a week kills the free time. so does a girlfriend. after that my addiction to hurling my other 2 wheeled counterpart down the side of a mountain typically eats the rest of my time

Kids, no time and no money really slow down the build process for me. I'm on the third year of build number one, and have two more XS 650's waiting in the wings.

hey raven, need a replacement? just cover shipping and its yours, this is from a 75 like yours.
1345504734.jpg

I'll sometimes walk away from a project for the same reason, Raven. Some unexpected setback can knock the enthusiasm right out of me. I can shake it off and move on most of the time, but the worst times are when I do something stupid.

Last summer, I built a fairly narrow deck to replace rotted back steps. Everything was going along swimmingly, until I cut the main girder 6" too short. I had measured, thought about it, reviewed the plans, measured again, and then again. Then I cut it. :doh: I hadn't taken into account the outer rim joists and facia boards. Luckily, the lumber store let me trade it for the price of a shorter-dimension girder.

I'll also put off working on my bike when I'm overwhelmed with too many to-do's. I have a solution for that, though. :thumbsup:

Overwhelmed.jpg

went from rental apartments to 1 1/2 acre rambler with landscaping designed by a retired couple alot of work to figure out when to do what. pushed me bac two years.
Which actually worked out good for the bike. This forum was less than a year old at the time I decided to get back to my bike.

Looks like we've got quite the range of things here guys. Hahah yea between frying the harness of the XS with my own stupidity, this cap breaking, and lack of a decent job most days, the XS has been sitting on shelves and in my room just hangin' around.

Along with my red car that's been sitting in the driveway for a year. Hahah

Yeah too much to do at home , lack of money , lack of time, and now resting up after an operation yesterday. Have you ever said "Id give my left nut for........" well I did and didnt get nothin but some oxycodone......4 weeks off work.

Not all bad ...get to finish my Harley trans and wire up the 650 starter , put tires on my Honda and maybe even ride a little.....soon as the stiches heal....

just moved home....well it was next door actually so I chucked most of it over the fence lol :D

All my tools are packed and both the shed and garage is full of packed stuff ...groan.

Just bought my first 79 XS650 2x weeks ago, in boxes and I'm dying to make a start on rebuilding it. :thumbsup:

. Have you ever said "Id give my left nut for........" well I did and didnt get nothin but some oxycodone......4 weeks off work. QUOTE]

You gave your left nut for a month of vacation?:wtf: Dude, I'd have scheduled the reward sometime after the swelling went down!:shrug:

Just kidding bro. Had my plumbing done, but still got the "boys". Take it easy. Your Purple Kiwi will thank you!:wink2:

Back