Rear Light Adventure CONTINUES!

straight answer Gary...hahaaha. Just answer this.

SHOULD THE RUNNING LIGHTS BE ON WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE ON OR STARTING POSITION

YES?

NO?​
I did answer that, twice. Dan also answered that directly in post #5

Last edited:
Yes the US switch has a park position
Diagram shows 4 bulbs in tach; high beam, brake failure, 2 gauge lights. My 79 resto mod LOOKS like a 77, I start to get confused. (a lot)

Then I have a problem because it only comes on when the headlight switch is on. A friend of mine (in his 70s) told me maybe the ignition switch has something faulty in it and to spray it with cleaner. Hmmmm.

the key to the on position (NOT the acc position) and the light wouldnt come on. Pulled the brake lever, the brake light came on. Then turned the key to the acc position and the running lights stayed on.

I decided to put the headlight switch in the ON position and viola, the rear light came on fine. It will ONLY stay on when the headlight is on. I dont think this is normal. Do you?
yes

There are 2 running lights on 2 circuits that connect when the on/off switch is used

Edit again and again...................Why

Last edited:
You're welcome.

But, not so fast. And what supplies the headlamp switch?

I thought Dan was saying "YES ITS NORMAL TO UNDERSTAND YOUR BIKE BETTER WHEN YOU WORK ON IT" I

I didnt think it was a direct answer to that question but thanks for clearing it up.

Ha! I agree to both readings. But it was a direct answer.

You're welcome.

But, not so fast. And what supplies the headlamp switch?

I cant tell! I wired my whole 16 speaker and soundsystem and capacitors and amps in my 1964 buick. ALL of it. But Im crap at diagrams. I cant tell what powers the handlebar switch from the diagram. As far as I can tell, the running tails lights should only be on when its switched from the RH headlamp on switch, if Im wrong pls show me why

To be fair, the wires in the diagram are printed slightly offset from the main switch.

Yes, you've got it! Now what does that mean in real life? How many ways can you turn your lights on?

To be fair, the wires in the diagram are printed slightly offset from the main switch.

Yes, you've got it! Now what does that mean in real life? How many ways can you turn your lights on?

the running lights? You can turn them on in two ways: by turning the main switch to the accessory position OR turning on the headlamp.

Back