Rear luggage rack?

KG brand is good stuff.......personally sold a few hundred in late 70's ....I have a rack and KG trunk that gets used only rarely but the missus likes the built- in backrest pad for longer rides so must keep it!

..one of the negative's about a rack.. you're ride'n with yer buddies.. and ".. hey, can you carry my jacket.."...

on a side note.. I sent a nice rack to some guy in Scotland….ship'n wasn't cheap... upon arrival he was to complete his part of the deal... The only word I heard back was...…………..

Yeah that’s why I had to get a rack I was the one with the jacket! I just picked up my rack up from Dune19670 (Steve) top bloke,So it’s all true about the jocks then lol.

Last edited:
..one of the negative's about a rack.. you're ride'n with yer buddies.. and ".. hey, can you carry my jacket.."...

Hi 'mike,
try being the guy with the sidecar.
"can you carry my jacket?"
"There will only be room for your jacket if I throw out the spare gas tank and half of the beer."
That usually shuts 'em up.

I got two side cars…. and there is a time or two I haul'd stuff for bud's........ toss'd the keys to a buddy... he want'd a beer ride off site at Road America... he never " drove " a side hack before... " you'll get use to it " I said.. as I wave'd bye bye with my cat got the canary grin.... …. he return'd with his barley brews and bags of ice Elkader 039.JPG Speedy wet (2).jpg ... toss'd back the keys... " scariest 14 miles he ever rode..".
The upside... my buddy, Mr. Cooper, got to take the "Pork Princess " to lead the parade at the Moto Guzzi rally in Elkader, Iowa. I got to haul the wife...(no comment)… she was a trooper earlier in the day.. 25 miles in a deluge then a ice run.Elkader 039.JPG Speedy wet (2).jpg Speedy bear run.jpg

Never had a guy stiff me that badly, Mike, but I don't ship parts on trust anymore. I got tired of hearing tales like "My secretary was supposed to send the check, guess she forgot" and "My wife lost the checkbook." When I informed those characters that my next request for payment would be made on open board, the problems seemed to disappear. Now I do things the old fashioned way: money first, goods to follow.

on a side note.. I sent a nice rack to some guy in Scotland….ship'n wasn't cheap... upon arrival he was to complete his part of the deal... The only word I heard back was...…………..
Well that bites. Kinda makes it harder for the rest of us.

Back