Rear sets...first world problems

MikeXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bit of a head scratcher for ya'll to try to help me out on.

I purchased a set of monstercraftmans mid mount controls
http://www.monstercraftsman.com/xs650-mid-mount-controls/
With intention of just running a kick only bike.

My issue is that the arm of the kick pedal does not finish in its final position and hits the brake arm which is not ideal.

Also with the mods that I've made to the old brake arm also seems to be in the way of running any decent looking exhaust.:doh:

I have tried adding some pictures to the thread but failing this you can see the set up on the monstercraftsman site.

I think I am looking at three options and would love opinions.

1, bend the kick pedal thus clearing the brake arm but ugly in my opinion.

2, send back the rear sets and stick with stock ones (was thinking of modding them with some motocross pedals if anyone else has tried this?)

3, you guys suggest a better rear set that will actually work with a kick only bike.

Thanks for your time In reading the post and I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 272
From what I've read, I think the RD400E kickstart lever solves this problem

This will work fine as long as you have the folding rear sets. I ordered a new one from yambits, they were kind of hard to find used for cheap. This kick lever looks way better than the stock lever IMO it fits around the side case much better.

IMHO, rear sets would be better on one with e-start only, not kick only. No folding this and that.

My solution:
Stock mounts,
No linkage(s) (other than the stock brake rod)
Wide, thick, comfy '82 Magna V45 pegs,
and... Stainless heel pegs (plates if you prefer...) for ankle support

I also like the stock positioned pegs when just cruzin' not cuttin' thru the wind.

BTW kick only.

Attachments

• S4023525.JPG
    S4023525.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 210
  • S4023526.JPG
    S4023526.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 219
  • S4023527.JPG
    S4023527.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 218
Back