Rear Spoke Hub w/disc mount to fit "Special"

Bandito

Twistin' the Throttle
Reaction score
Is there a rear hub with disc mount that would work to build a set of spoke wheels
for a "Special" swingarm?

I'm just finishing up my first project, and I have a line on another great condition
special.

The only thing is that I was wanting to build a bike in the style of a "cafe racer",
and I'd like to have some spoked wheels built up for it.

Unless I am missing something, all the spoked rear wheels for XS are drum... is that
correct?

I guess I could look for a swingarm from a drum model, I'm sure there are enough
of them around with all the hardtails being done... that and the brake linkage and
I would be good to go... correct?

And I think I would need a post 77 front wheel for the disc up front to be the right
offset, am I right or off base on that?

Is there a rear hub with disc mount that would work to build a set of spoke wheels for a "Special" swingarm?

- not from an XS650

Unless I am missing something, all the spoked rear wheels for XS are drum... is that correct?

- yes

I guess I could look for a swingarm from a drum model, I'm sure there are enough of them around with all the hardtails being done... that and the brake linkage and I would be good to go... correct?

- spacers and brake plate holding arm

And I think I would need a post 77 front wheel for the disc up front to be the right offset, am I right or off base on that?

- any with a 298mm single disc 35mm fork from 77

Back