Remote Controlled XS650

TampaSVT

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody else has done it.

Ignition on one channel (latched).
Lights on another channel (latched).
Starter solenoid on another channel (momentary).

All electrical is contained in a small black project enclosure (4-Cell Lithium(135CCA), starter solenoid, 4-channel remote and a small 4-gang fuse block). Other than a couple of runs to lighting and horn up front (inside the frame) to still complete, there's very little wiring exposed. PMA and Pamco really simplified it.

6569918161_8e90e8ff8c_z.jpg

Works like a charm...:thumbsup:

Rich

Last edited:
I don't understand the remote control part. As in RC plane remotes? We don't all know much about that, but no doubt you have made a clean set-up. Maybe a little more info for those of us that don't understand what you've done. TIA

John

^I think it means he presses a button on his keychain and it starts up. It's good in the winter because the car will be all warm inside by the time you get in it. Hmm...wait...

Thanks.

For the one's that don't get it, you basically control the bike with this.

$(KGrHqUOKo4E6(edjj(uBOqcJHB,PQ~~60_35.jpg

And, for the one's that don't like it, well (you know)...

Battery is a Ballistic Evo2 (#100-010). On Ebay they're $90.00+-.

The electrical box sits on a piece of mirrored stainless. There's a blue LED light that cast from the bottom of the box so it glows underneath when the ignition button is pressed. With that enabled (and the bike in neutral), it's just a push of the other button and the starter engages. Once started, another button turns on all of the lighting. Not really much different than having a starter button and ignition switch mounted somewhere on the bike. Just a different way to do it, and keeps it all in one place vs scattered around the bike...

I still haven't actually started the bike since the project began last year. But, it kicks the starter for 5-10 seconds with no issues. So, I'm pretty sure it's going to work at this point. Should know in a couple more weeks. I'll post a video when it's done.

Rich

Last edited:
LOL temper, temper.

I'll tell you how to make it so it won't start out of neutral. Use the signal from the ground switch as the ground to your box. You'll have to use the frame for the box ground. That won't interfere with anything. The two different power sources grounded to the frame won't, I mean.

Don't bother about what people think. Do your own thing. Personally I'm not into flash. I'm pretty beat down.

Nice set up, might want to pick your brains on batteries if that's OK? will shoot you a pm over the next couple of days to save clogging your thread up.

That's a really nice clean setup. Have you drawn up a schematic? I'd like to take a look if you wouldn't mind sharing.

I've been sketching out a couple example schematics in ladder logic type layout because it is easier for me to follow.

I just ordered my PMA and pamco and was looking into batteries, this looks like a very nice possibility.

Showing the button is not really all that helpful. What is it, and where do you get it. I'm not stupid, but all I've seen is a box and the keychain/button. What is it intended for?:shrug: How does it work? You clearly adapted it, and it looks clean.

John

That's a really nice clean setup. Have you drawn up a schematic? I'd like to take a look if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Here's what I have so far. If anybody sees errors in it, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

full

Link To Image File

Hook:
Press button #3 and the ignition gets turned on. Press it again, an it turns it off - if running, it would act as a kill switch (latched).
Press (and hold) button #1 and the starter kicks over until you release the button (momentary).
Press button #4 and all the lights come on. Press it again, and the lights go off (latched).

You can buy them on Ebay for around $30.00-$40.00

Rich

Back