Rephase / 750cc big bore & boyer Bransden kit (M Power)

wjbarber

XS650 Beginner
Reaction score
I'm currently considering Rephasing or a 750cc big bore kit on my broke engine. Trouble is i've also purchased a Boyer Bransden M Power kit (before realising there was a piston problem) and wondered whether it's okay to use the BB kit on a Rephased or 750cc big bore engine once i've got the job done?

Cheers
Will

i'm pretty sure you'd have to have a rephased ignition to go with the new cam timing. I could be wrong with the BB, but I don't think it will work on a rephased engine

The Boyer can be made to work with the 277 by moving the trigger magnets. The 650 motorcycle .com site shows how to do it.

I don't think that is going to work. The Boyer has a waste spark already and relies on timing of the pulses it receives to operate the electronic advance.

I have a rephased engine and used 2 Boyer systems one sensor mounted on each end of the cam. I already had one I installed long before I rephased and this was the best option.

Scabber, don't suppose you could drop in the link to that web page could you please?
I can't seem to find the page you refer to. Cheers mate!

Thanks Scabber. I understand they did / do. I can do the work on the magnet rotor on the mill so happy with that.

More curious if anyone has tried this with the Boyer and what results they saw

Back