rephased big-bore running.. few " small" issues

malloym

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
got the 277 degree 780cc engine fired up for the first time tonight.. found a small oil leak at the feed tube banjo ( my fault, not torqued) main issues are.. left side carb is dumping fuel from the air filer ( stuck float?? ) 79 bs38's full rebuild. also my engine did not shut off when turning the key off?? I verified no power at the pamco with the key off, unless something is back feeding?? or with the increased compression could it be dieseling? the exhaust tone did change with the key off, but the engine did not die... engine only ran for 30 seconds... any ideas??

I'll guess your main switch is not between the ignition and the alternator so the alternator feeds the coils even with the switch off.

didn't even think of that, with the PMA, the pamco is stay energized. makes sense

now onto the fuel leak and oil leak

So I got the carb sorted and the oil leaks fixed, now I have a serious issue, when I put the bike in gear, it want's to pull forward, I adjusted the clutch to the manual, also the bike will not shift into second and I can't find netural. I hope this is all related to the clutch... maybe something is off inside??

Back