Replacement Tacho from Mikes XS

SkunkMachine

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here. I have a 79 XS650 special that I am working on.
I bought a speedo/Tacho set from Mikes XS last year and have finally started my project.
Unfortunately the Auto Elec that I used blew up my Tacho..
I went back to Mikes a found that he doesn't sell the Tach anymore only the speedo. Weird! It doesn't surprise me like other things on their site such as only one side hand controls on some models and not the other etc.

I have emailed but no answer. I have given up on them.

Can someone tell me where I can find a replacement. It has a blue backlight.
I have attached pic

Cheers

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 189
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 198
Hi Skunk Machine,
well, you're not the first to give up on MikesXS, eh?
Looks like Mike's new owners have increased their product range at the expense of their quality of service.
Has it gotta be exactly that tach or will any electronic mini tach work for you?
Or, go back to stock instruments? Look in this list's classifieds to see what's there.

I can't believe how dismissive they are. They are luck I am so far away or i'd give that dick a visit. This is the email trail. No intention to get off their lazy arse to help. I'm pissed!

We have no idea who supplied them. They were here when we bought the company. We have a 2.25"that looks similar.

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:47 AM
To: Mikes XS
Subject: RE: 4"Tacho

Ok, well is there an alternative? Can you tell me the supplier so I can source one myself?
There is nothing to match the speedo so I need an alternative.
Your help would be greatly appreciated as I spend a lot of money with you.
Regards
Carl

Sent: Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:16 PM
To: Carl Cerra <carl@cerra-design.com>
Subject: RE: 4"Tacho

Looks like you bought 03-0673 3 years ago and we no longer carry it.

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:39 AM
To: Mikes XS
Subject: 4"Tacho

Hi,
Last year I purchased a matching 4"electric Tacho and electric speedo package.
I need to purchase another Tacho as mine was damaged.

I can't seem to find it on your site.
Can you please advise me if you can get me one or who the supplier is if you can't.

I desperately need one as nothing else matches the speedo.

Please respond asap so I can add this to the rest of my order.
Cheers
Carl

give geoffs xs a try ,not every thing hes got is on his website ,if not he maybe able to steer you in the right direction (and he does do customer service)

Thanks Flea.
Tried Geoff's XS he doesn't stock them either.
I have a pic if the speedo which Mikes still sells but won't tell me the supplier. They can't even be bothered making an inquiry for me. I wish I was in the US, I'd pay them a visit:mad:
Does any one know where this speedo comes from or who makes them? as the tacho is the same brand.

Cheers

Attachments

• 03-0672.jpg
    03-0672.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 195
welcome to the club skunk . the blokes in the usa think they have problems with mikes ,have a box full of parts cant use as they had sent or mislabled the wrong parts over the yrs but cant return due to postage cost ,also if in usa any order over 150 gets free shipping..we pay full wack but unfortunitly we would be fked without them and there I think causes the arrogance ,good luck with the hunt but you might have to bite the bullet and buy a complete new set or maybe one of those combined s/taco ones if it suits the build.by the way what brand is it

Back