review my wiring diagram

ianD

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm rewiring my bike from scratch, running a Sparx capacitor, PMA from xscharge, PAMCO ignition, headlight, tail light, and blinkers. Blinkers and tail light are LED. Electricity is not my thing, in fact it terrifies me and this is by far the most elaborate wiring I've ever done. I studied some diagrams from similar electrical setups and came up with this hokey diagram. Any comments and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Also are there any good 2 into 1 wire connectors? Bullet style maybe? I can't find any at the local auto parts stores, or am I better off soldering? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• my wiring diagram.jpg
    my wiring diagram.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 138
ianD,

The 20 A fuse serves no purpose as shown because the capacitor is not a source of current. It just acts to smooth out the out put from the regulator. If the fuse blows or even just comes loose, the regulator will go ape sh#$*$ and fry the electrical system.

Connect the capacitor directly to the input to the key switch and install the fuse in the green wire between the regulator and the key switch.

Last edited:
Is there a third wire on your PMA?
Here is how it should look.
Also if you are doing all chassis grounds make sure your frame grounds from front to back.
I always tie all my grounds together to one spot so I know I have a good ground.
12mm bolt next to oil fill is factory ground
I have had customers use chassis grounds and blow lights because you are dealing with 30 year old frame with rust inside and outside.
Had frame that only half of frame had ground. Check frame with ohm meter front to back if you are using chassis ground.
Otherwise nice diagram
Rich

Attachments

• PMADiagram.jpg
    PMADiagram.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for the replies! Yeah there's 3 wires on my PMA, maybe just hard to see because of the yellow color. I'll look into running all my grounds to one central location, but if not I'll definitely be verifying all frame grounds with the ohmeter, thanks.

Back