Right side cover help

Agreed!

It was borrowed from a friend and it was brand new. Luckily it was from Harbor Freight and cheap. I told him I will buy him a replacement but he insists on trying to return it first.

Just glad he wasn't mad at me!

^I'm sure they will take it back. We're all curious where and how it broke...under the tremendous strain of 6 ft lbs or so.

^I'm sure they will take it back. We're all curious where and how it broke...under the tremendous strain of 6 ft lbs or so.

Something broke internally with the ratchet. It slips going clockwise but works fine counter-clockwise. Kind of useless unless you have something reverse threaded.

I was actually going to open it up and look at it but the heads of the screws that hold it together were stripped and I didn't want to booger them up.

Interesting. Mine are all the simple pointer type. Usually around $7 at a pawn shop.

No need to torque these bolts.............use an allen key, (original Yamaha tool kit has the right size,), always do each bolt up so it sits against the plate snug. Make sure the side-cover has bedded properly all around the case, then go around each bolt and tighten up............personally i always use a 12'oclock, 6'oclock 9'oclock, 3'oclock and in between......and usually tighten up in 2 increments..............If you really need to put more pressure on the allen key use the ring end of a spanner slip over the shaft of the key and add a little more pressure.

May may not be necessary on this side cover but it is a good habit to get into................If 1 bolt is fully tightend up before any other bolt has any pressure on the cover, this can lead to an uneven pressure on the mating surfaces

Back