rings

pahako

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so I purchased some Honda Civic rings for my 81 rebuild as suggested by some on this forum, mainly because I could get 4 sets for less than the price of 2 sets at Mikes. I know that the letters R, and RN are supposed to face up on the stock rings, and that would put the bevel facing up on both rings. Ring #1 the bevel is barely noticeable, and ring #2 it is easily noticed. The new rings do not have any numbers or markings on them, but there is a slight bevel on the inside of ring #1, and a noticeable "step" on the outside of ring #2. At first I assumed that I should just have them both facing up because that is the way the bevels are on the stock rings when the letters are facing up. After reading other posts on here I am getting conflicting information. I have read that the bevels should be facing out away from each other. Can anyone confirm the correct orientation of the bevels/step? I really wouldn't recommend these rings or buy them again, but I am going to go ahead and use them anyway because I have them, and have read that others have had good luck with them, but the oil expansion ring is really crappy and hard to work with, so I am using my old expansion ring.

Thanks

Attachments

• 256-Piston&Rings02.jpg
    256-Piston&Rings02.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 129
  • TX650A-PistonRings.jpg
    TX650A-PistonRings.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 132
Back