RIP camchain guide?

Jeepert88

broaaaaap
Reaction score
Few weeks back on the way home from work I heard a ticking sound coming from the top of the engine. I didn't need google to pinpoint the problem area cause last time the engine was out of the frame I saw the guide and tensioner pivot thingy needed replacement. But being broke led to putting the old ones back in.

Draining the oil and inspecting both drain plugs made it clear some aluminum made its way down into the engine. If it were compressed you'd have a two quarter sized pieces. Sooooo...

Take the engine out and have a look.
IMAG0040_zpsubojhbix.jpg

Checking the filter again made clear the engine will weigh a bit less from now on! Although this is nothing compared to the pieces on the drain plug.
IMAG0042_zps10ffmwzm.jpg

It was getting late so after pulling the top end all the way off I called it a day. Will check the chain guides tomorrow as well as the other internal parts while I'm at it.

IMAG0045_zps8pmf1yfi.jpg

New parts will arrive at Wednesday so I hope I ordered everything I need, cause getting things to the Island is expensive as a weekend in a red light district and takes waaaay to long to pass customs!

Back