Roadracer Build FINALLY finished

I finally figured out how to post on YouTube. This is the link to a video of a warm-up lap on my first trackday with this beast. The time and date are wrong and it cut-off at the end of the lap, but at least you can finally hear what it sounds like and see a slow lap.

Nice!! I'd a passed that slow SOB in front of ya. Dunno, Hey, who was that blond when you left the Pit? Your wife? She is cute! I thought Mandarin's were like an orange, That's bad, sorry. The engine is really quiet, as far as mechanical noise's go. I'd like to see a lap with the Volume turned up a bit. Sound's strong, and what is the gearing? Sound's like a 3 and a 6 sprocket's. Good top end, if ya got the power to get 'er going at high speed. I am happy for you, just be carefull and lucky, I like reading your build post's....Gordo:yikes:BTW, my dad worked for ARAMCO for 15 years, in Ryadad I believe.

We weren't allowed to pass in that session except on the straights and I didn't have enough for a 1 liter Duc, so forced to drag through the corners. I was surprised at the low engine noise too, sounded sweet and not like ANYTHNG else at the track.

For gearing, I was running a 17/32 sprocket combo. Geared to top out at 115mph, but that track was pretty tight and I didn't break 100.

I was in Dhahran for 2-1/2 years, then on to Angola for 3, now in China for about the same. Sadly, this assignement came up right after my first track day and the bike is back on the work bench for a spell.

dwyatt, yea, you got some TALL gears on 'er.I bet she was the only one who sounded like a vintage race machine. Man oh man, I miss that sound from Laconia. Although, todays sound ain't so bad either. To bad you don't have a trail bike or a trials bike with ya, must be a ton of open land there. Your's is real sweet, though. :thumbsup:

Thats just super cool! Nice bike!

What parts did you use for your total loss ignition? Any posted info on that?

I bought the TLI on eBay and it was a standard ignition with all the coils stripped off and the rotor cut down. The black box on it failed during my track day so rather than deal with the box, I bought a CDI and replaced it.

Back